Not Hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Hiding

I just bought a New Hometroller S6 with HS3 on it. I also purchased the Insteon ISY Plug-in. Because I have over Insteon 150 Devices in my network, many of which are 6 or 8 button keypads, I now have over 700 "devices" showing up on my homeseer device list. The device view page is loading very, very slowly, (30 - 45 seconds ) assumingly because of all the devices. When the list does populate certain functions are not available for a fair amount of time, such as the drop down menu for the device list check boxes. I have tried to hide the devices I do not need to see in the Insteon plug-ins' device filter tab. They are still visible in the device list. I also tried to hide them via the check box to the left of the Individual devices on the device view page and selecting the hide option from the drop down box on the far left and they still appear in the device list. So why is this happening and what am I doing wrong?

What version are you running? I had this same issue, Bob fixed it in 3.0.0.33 for me.

I also switched to Firefox, IE was an issue for some things too. I haven't seen the issue since.

oh, and once you hide an item in the plug for an existing device, you then need to delete the HS object yourself, it won't automatically delete.

Comment

To expand on the device filter process a bit...

In the plug-in configuration, the device filter prevents the plug-in for auto-creating the device. But it doesn't, as grtaylor says, actually remove the device from the HomeSeer database.

I've been a little paranoid about having the plug-in auto-delete HomeSeer records. One of the reasons is that if you have events set up for the device, those get left sitting around and would need to be recreated if you decided you really didn't want to delete that device.

So, deleting the devices is a manual operation. That gives you a chance to think about it and be sure that's what you want to do.

The more devices you have HomeSeer deal with, the slower it seems to get. And, the ISY plug-in can add a lot of devices. Probably the best way to deal with it would be to:

1. Let the plug-in discover all the devices and create HomeSeer records
      2. Hide via the plug-in all the devices you don't want to see/use in HomeSeer
      3. If it's only a few, just delete those from HomeSeer. If it's a lot, just delete all the newly created devices and restart the plug-in. The plug-in will recreate any that aren't marked hidden.

Make sure the plug-in has finished initializing before trying to mess with the devices. If you look at the "Manage plug-in" page, it will change the plug-in status from "initializing" to "OK" when it's finished. I think right now, it takes a couple of seconds per device while initializing so if you're trying to manage 700 devices with the plug-in, that's like 1400 seconds. Most of that time is just verifying that the HomeSeer record is correct.

I'll have to look into why marking devices hidden in HomeSeer doesn't do anything. I would expect that to be independent of the plug-in, but maybe I guess not.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
      X