X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 Capabilities

--------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

I noticed it comes with USB ports, would any serial devices be compatible (via USB-Serial attachment)?

Yes here utilize cheap single serial to USB cables and Digi Edgeports. Both work fine for me.

The Digi Edgeports are old and I used them in the HS2 days. They work fine with Linux. (Zee2)

Are any digitial input/output or analog devices supported? Does this list exist somewhere?

I have a lot of older equipment laying around and was wondering if any would work with this device (X-10, Ocelot, weather stations, etc...).

Homeseer sells an ADIO board. There is a plugin (3rd party) that works well with the Ocelot such that you can do X13 0 and ADIO with it.

Here use a serial link to an RPi to my Davis Weather console running CumulusMX (on the RPi). There is a plugin which reads the CumulusMX text file for Homeseer.

Today with the Zee2 you can do X10, UPB, Insteon, ZWave and Zigbee.

The Zee2 has a limit of 5 plugins and today Homeseer touch is part of the core of HS3.
    Last edited by Pete; November 27, 2017, 03:15 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Can't Change to Hard IP

I wound up getting a HomeTroller Zee S2. So far it's pretty cool, just have some Z-Wave switches w the system now.

I am having a weird problem in I can't change to a hard IP address. I am logged in as an admin account with HomeSeer (see attached).

Tried restarting and even powering down.
      Attached Files

Comment

The static GUI IP configuration does not work. I mentioned this a while ago to Rich and mentioned again this morning.

You have to manually change it to a static IP.

First do a copy and past of your /etc/network/interfaces file and post it here. (my preference and a learning experience for you)

1 - ssh to your Zee2
        2 - sudo su
        3 - cd /etc/network/
        4 - cat interfaces (copy and paste here)

OR

Just statically configure the DHCP address in your firewall router using the mac address of the Zee2. Many HS users are doing this today.

[ATTACH]64869[/ATTACH]

I use the static DHCP stuff here for appliances (like HDHomerun or Samsung Smartthings) and statically assign IP addresses here for firewall, switches, servers, desktops and laptops.

The forum solution over the years offered to said issue is not to statically configure your Zee2 in the GUI but instead utilize an assigned DHCP address - DHCP Reservation - Reservation (sort of a mickey mouse band aid fix but it does work).
        Last edited by Pete; December 3, 2017, 11:46 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

For Raspian Jessie & later, the "proper" way to set a static address changed. See

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.co...tic-ip-address

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.co...on-jessie-lite

Prior to jessie, setting a static address was done by editing /etc/network/interfaces. Now, setting a static address should be done either through editing /etc/dhcpcd.conf, or alternately, disabling dhcpcd and doing it the old way.

Comment

Thank you David.

I have not looked at the current Zee2 Jessie image and do not know the network configuration on it.

I have though configured newer RPi's here running Jessie the way you mention above.

Two current RPi2's running Wheezy and updated show the new DHCP way of configuration (such that it has become a default now for Wheezy, Jessie and Stretch).

It is similar today to Ubuntu 16.04/16.10/17.XX 32 bit or 64 bit.

Just posted over here about similiar issue and Rich mentioned that the Zee2 Network GUI talks to the /etc/network/interfaces file (old way).

All written it should work in the GUI as many folks do not want to climb in to the Linux Rabbit hold or play with DHCP reservation on their firewalls (or even touch their firewalls).

That said though if you update your Zee2 once it will probably change the IP configuration methodology if it is still using the /etc/network/interfaces file.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Linking Hometroller Zee S2 to Alexa Via Bluetooth

What is the best way to link a hometroller zee s2 to Alexa via bluetooth so i an use alexa units (echo and echo dots through the house) for homeseer announcements?

Is there a recommended bluetooth USB adapter?

Comment

alexa plugin

I do not see the alexa plugin under 'user interfaces on my Zee S2

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser04 View Post
                  I do not see the alexa plugin under 'user interfaces on my Zee S2
                  You set it up as a smarthome app under your Alexa app.

I also found it easier just to tailor my devices under Alexa itself, you can even create groups and voice commands

Comment

Working...
                  X