Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Rich. I'll change out the drop box for a text box for Celsius.

Comment

Thermostat Auto Mode Behaves Strangely

I now have my thermostat plugin (HAI) working as expected in Heat and Cool Modes. Alexa will raise or lower the heat or cool setpoint based on whether the mode is heat or cool.

In Auto mode the results are very strange, for example:
      Mode: Auto
      Current Mode: Heat
      Current Temperature: 72
      Cool Setpoint: 74
      Heat Setpoint: 68

If you say "Alexa raise the thermostat temperature 2 degrees", Alexa replies that "The thermostat is in auto mode. seeking 73". When she is done:
      Current Mode: Heat
      Cool Setpoint: 75
      Heat Setpoint: 71

Given the same initial settings, If you say "Alexa lower the thermostat temperature 2 degrees", Alexa replies that "The thermostat is in auto mode. seeking 69". When she is done:
      Current Mode: Cool
      Cool Setpoint: 71
      Heat Setpoint: 67

I was expecting that in the first scenario where the temperature was raised 2 degrees, the skill would look at the Current Mode (Heat) and raise the heat setpoint 2 degrees and not change the cool setpoint. Alexa could say "The thermostat is in auto mode. Setting the heat to 70 degrees".
      Likewise, the second scenario would change the heat setpoint to 66.

If the Current Mode was set to cool then the cool setpoint would be changed.

It would be helpful if someone could explain the logic that is being used in auto mode to determine the setpoint settings.

Comment

Working...
      X