This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam FI9821W Support Added

I added support for the new Foscam FI9821W. You *must* use the following NetCam Snapshot Path in order for this camera to work with UltraNetCam:

/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?usr=user&pwd=password&cmd=snapPicture

Note: User is the user name (e.g. admin) and password is user's password.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Update from Foscam:

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 2:35 AM
    To: ultrajones
    Cc: Sarah (FOSCAM)
    Subject: Re: RE: Foscam FI9821W - Command to Return Binary JPG Image

Hi,

I double checked with our R&D engineers, and been told that it's not able to use a command to return a binary JPG image now.
    Our engineers are trying to achieve that step by step, will obtain that in the future.
    Please be patient to wait for an update. Thank you!

Any problem, please feel free to contact me.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The next version of the NetCam HSPI requires the following snapshot URL exactly as shown:

/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=$user&pwd=$pass

I removed the work-around added in the past version.

Regards,
      Ultrajones

Comment

FI9821W V2

Running HS3 (version 3.0.0.150) and trial version of UltraNetCam3 (3.0.5313.30344) and two new Foscam 9821W V2 cameras. I set them up first using Foscam's Client software to test alarm detection and recording and that seems to work.

I then downloaded UltraNetCam3 and configured that. It is able to show pictures from the camera tab from the plugin but doesn't detect an alarm within the event:

IF NetCam001 [Cam-Front] Alarm Trigger
        Then [do something]

Never happens.

BigMac

Comment

Originally posted by BigMac View Post
          Running HS3 (version 3.0.0.150) and trial version of UltraNetCam3 (3.0.5313.30344) and two new Foscam 9821W V2 cameras. I set them up first using Foscam's Client software to test alarm detection and recording and that seems to work.

I then downloaded UltraNetCam3 and configured that. It is able to show pictures from the camera tab from the plugin but doesn't detect an alarm within the event:

IF NetCam001 [Cam-Front] Alarm Trigger
          Then [do something]

Never happens.

BigMac
          That is because Foscam decided to not implement the TCP trigger in their H.264 cameras like they do their JPEG cameras. I have sent them several e-mails and posted in their support forums, but they never respond.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Thought I had screwed up and not read the instructions correctly.

Not having the trigger is not a deal breaker. I was going to have HS3/UltraNetCam3 detect motion and have HS3 play the sound of a large dog barking.

Anyway, it looks like I need the plugin to re-fill in all the camera's area detection and schedule because when you disable motion detection via http commands, it wipes all that stuff out and you have to fill it back in when re-enable detection. I don't know if that's different from the last version of the camera but it was certainly a surprise to me.

As for what I'm doing with HS3, cameras and your plugin; I'm using the cameras to detect motion while I'm away and FTP it (using the camera's FTP settings) to one of my internal servers up to my Dropbox.

That one server is also my OpenVPN server that allows me to do live viewing of the cameras. I also use HSTouch to monitor the status of my alarm system and lights and HS3 notifies us of an intrusion.

Anyway, thanks again for your response.

BigMac

Comment

FI9821W preset control.

Hi!
              I have problem to add FI9821W camera preset save and goto preset commands? Is anyone able to help?

Thanks,
              Marec

Comment

Originally posted by marec View Post
                Hi!
                I have problem to add FI9821W camera preset save and goto preset commands? Is anyone able to help?

Thanks,
                Marec
                Ok, I solve proble, commands must be
                Save preset point: /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzAddPresetPoint&name=test&usr=$user&pwd= $pass

Goto preset point: /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzGotoPresetPoint&name=test&usr=$user&pwd =$pass

Thanks
                Marec

Comment

Working...
                X