HikVision camera plugin for motion alerts - C# example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the info.

Please confirm, will I need to reconfigure my IP set up to use the plugin?

It seems so based on the error text, "2017-03-10 18:53:32.781 IpAddress: 192.168.1.212:82, Unexpected Exception : System.FormatException: An invalid IP address was specified. "

I need to know because this has a cascading effect on the rest of my setup.

Thanks

Comment

The current code does not accept a non-default port with this specification. See HikAlarmThread.cs, HikEventClient() method, remoteEP fixed at 80.

I can look at parsing the IP address in this way or allowing the specification of an alternate port. It might take a couple of days to get to it.

Comment

Thank you very much. In the mean time I will continue to research installation items and integration with events.

Comment

I updated the git repository with a change to parse the ip address string so that it will allow a port specification using a colon (192.168.1.100:82). If the port specification is not provided or can't be parsed to an integer, then it will use the default port. The debug messages will include the port specification.

Comment

Thank you very much. I will reset all cameras and associated equip back to using ports and port forwarding.

Please note, last night reconfigured all cameras to use port 80. All eight (8) cameras have the same setup for motion detection, DNS, etc.

Three of the eight resolved to a "no motion" status and functioned as expected. When I walked in front of them, the status changed to "motion". This is somewhat confusing because the same cameras are reporting to the Surveillance Station application hosted on my QNAP storage array and are recording as expected.

Planned actions:
            - Deleted devices using device management
            - Deactivate plugin
            - Shutdown HS3
            - Delete .exe from Homeseer dir.
            - Download and compile new version
            - Copy new version to Homeseer dir.
            - Restart HS3
            - Activate HikAlarmCheck plugin
            - Add Cameras
            - Test

I think this is the safest approach. Please let me know if I have missed something.

Thanks

Comment

New Version testing

Sorry for the slow response after you took the time to update the app with port support.

I understand that it is most likely me but, I am not able to get the new version to compile. I have looked at for whatever reason that there is a significant delta in the number of files used in the project between my 07 Mar download and the current release. Noting that I need to include the homeseer specific files (I copy them to the properties folder) there are several folders in the older version that are not in the newest posting. Do you to do a copy/replace function on the 07 Mar version?

Comment

There were no files added or deleted with the changes. If you are not familiar with version control software and github, you can select the commits button on the Code tab to list the changes that have been made. Selecting a specific commit will show you the changes to the files.

Visual Studio creates a number of files that are specific to your compilation. If you previously had to make adjustments to the project to compile on your computer, you will need to make those changes on the new files.

Comment

Comment

If you didn't restart HS3 after installing the new plugin, you might need to do that.

The HikVision cameras lock you out for 30 minutes if you try to access them incorrectly. You have probably seen this already.

If you can put the computer that you are compiling the code on the same network as the cameras and HS3 controller, then you can run the plugin from your computer instead of installing in the HS3 controller. You use the command line argument, server=<IP Address of HS3 controller>. You can access the command line arguments from the project properties, Debug tab. The advantage of running a debug version from you computer is that additional logging information is sent to the terminal. From this information, you can see the IP address and port that it is attempting to connect to.

While testing, only change one camera instead of doing all of them.

Comment

has this been tested with mono 4.x? I've just switched back to Linux because windows was too annoying for me, and I'm hoping this will work for me again!

Comment

I have only tested it with Mono 3.2.8 since that is the default install for Ubuntu 14.04. Although I do most of my development on Linux, it seemed like HomeSeer works better on Windows when I installed it a couple of years ago. If you encounter problems, let me know and I can update my Ubuntu to a newer version of Mono.

Comment

Comment

Hikvision Firmware Fiasco - update

Continuing to look at issue.

Noticed that all Hstouch screens that previously displayed video were also broke. Looks like this firmware update makes changes to the CGI integration. Found reference on another site and am testing. more later...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X