No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.357

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The work around is fine. In fact, if you click on the name of the z-wave plugin on the plugins page you will be on a config page. From there you will see a "Reset" buton. This button does the procedure you posted.

The information in the Z-Wave DB is duplicated in the HS DB for each device. So if you delete the Z-Wave db, it will be rebuilt from the info in HS. Ideally we should somehow detect the error that you saw and fix things automatically. Something we are working on adding.

Originally posted by raymonvdm View Post
    I` m getting the following error when starting HomeSeer

Code:

24-9-2017 01:06:19 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Database: Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
    24-9-2017 01:06:20 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error, Exception in GetZWNetworkS: disk I/O errordisk I/O error
    24-9-2017 01:06:25 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error copying current Z-Wave database file to backup file, please SAVE your CONFIG directory as a backup.
    24-9-2017 01:06:25 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error is Data error (cyclic redundancy check). for file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Backup\Z-Wave2_5.db
    This might be caused by a reboot due to windows updates The file Z-Wave2_5.db is not found in the folder so the CRC warning look correct to me. But where did my file go and how do i fix this issue?

Due to this issue i`m unable to change look/change Z-Wave associations because they are grayed out. The Nodes also seem to stopped notifying the controller (or the controller is ignoring the messages)

Update:

I took the following steps for some sort of work-arround

- Shutdown HomeSeer
    - Rename the Z-Wave2.db to Z-Wave2-old.db
    - Restart HomeSeer

This is the new log output

Code:
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Info~!~Plugin Z-Wave has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49819
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~InitIO called, plug-in version 3.0.1.87 is being initialized...
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave Warning~!~Z-Wave database file does not exist, so a new database is being created in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Created new database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~8 event actions were loaded from HomeSeer.
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~0 event triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Z-Wave
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ======================================================================
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~    Initializing Z-Wave interface UZB (Sigma Designs UZB) on COM15    
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Starting 'Z-Wave Health' Process Starter for  (Network XXXXX)...
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.

24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
    24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Getting node information from controller...

24-9-2017 01:41:49 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Controller Manufacturer: PowerLynx, ID=0x1, Type=0x4
    24-9-2017 01:41:49 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Controller firmware version: 5.6

24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
    24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
    24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: XXXX
    24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Found 37 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (UZB)
    24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 4.05 (ZDK 6,51.6)
    24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Static Controller
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~The interface's security support has been set.
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB Controller chip type is ZW050x.
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB Controller is static lib.
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB is the SIS for the network.
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ......................................................................
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
    24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ......................................................................

24-9-2017 01:41:58 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~GetConnection error Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db-journal' is denied.
    24-9-2017 01:41:58 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~ERROR, Z-Wave Data object 0 failed to be updated or added to the database.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      The work around is fine. In fact, if you click on the name of the z-wave plugin on the plugins page you will be on a config page. From there you will see a "Reset" buton. This button does the procedure you posted.

The information in the Z-Wave DB is duplicated in the HS DB for each device. So if you delete the Z-Wave db, it will be rebuilt from the info in HS. Ideally we should somehow detect the error that you saw and fix things automatically. Something we are working on adding.
      Okay so this is fixed for know

I also have an issue with two Z-Wave.ME devices which get random association with other nodes. Z-Wave.ME support told me that this is not possible so it must be a controller bug. Is it possible to get this fixed to?

As a third issue i have an issue with the "Device last status change" This value is set to the time of the last poll moment and not the actual value change of the node. There fore i cannot use these devices in events with "have been running for variables" This isssue was caused in of the HomeSeer updates and for know i have disabled polling, but this gives me other issues if the device is controlled localy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Swift 2 Plus met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by raymonvdm View Post
        Okay so this is fixed for know

I also have an issue with two Z-Wave.ME devices which get random association with other nodes. Z-Wave.ME support told me that this is not possible so it must be a controller bug. Is it possible to get this fixed to?

As a third issue i have an issue with the "Device last status change" This value is set to the time of the last poll moment and not the actual value change of the node. There fore i cannot use these devices in events with "have been running for variables" This isssue was caused in of the HomeSeer updates and for know i have disabled polling, but this gives me other issues if the device is controlled localy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Swift 2 Plus met Tapatalk

Comment

Aha, very good!
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Anyone else experiencing long lag times under the latest build? Since I installed the update I have experienced delays from activating a scene until the scene actually performs the action of anywhere from a few seconds up to more than 2 minutes! And it is not consistent; I might push a button on a minimote and get an instant response, or the same button push to run the same scene might lag for 10, 15 seconds or more, or never even run (unless it takes so long I have already run it another way).

It might be a coincidence that it appears to have happened when I updated a couple of weeks ago, but I can't seem to find any other cause (although I will admit that, although I am an electrical engineer, I've never taken the time to learn the internal workings of HS3 to any great extent).

One thing I did notice in the log when I restart HS3 is that several modules appear to be missing:

Sep-25 1:26:07 PM

Error
            Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error
            Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

Sep-25 1:26:06 PM

Error
            ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Sep-25 1:26:05 PM

Error
            ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Error

When I check the HS3 directory structure I can find the specified files, although I'm not sure they are where HS3 expects them to be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
            Don

Comment

357 may have some issues, that is why we pulled the update. Build 368 will be posted shortly as the next release. I suggest you test with that, I posted a link to the Windows installer a couple of posts back.

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
              Anyone else experiencing long lag times under the latest build? Since I installed the update I have experienced delays from activating a scene until the scene actually performs the action of anywhere from a few seconds up to more than 2 minutes! And it is not consistent; I might push a button on a minimote and get an instant response, or the same button push to run the same scene might lag for 10, 15 seconds or more, or never even run (unless it takes so long I have already run it another way).

It might be a coincidence that it appears to have happened when I updated a couple of weeks ago, but I can't seem to find any other cause (although I will admit that, although I am an electrical engineer, I've never taken the time to learn the internal workings of HS3 to any great extent).

One thing I did notice in the log when I restart HS3 is that several modules appear to be missing:

Error
              Compiling script Startup.vb: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error

Error

Error

Error

When I check the HS3 directory structure I can find the specified files, although I'm not sure they are where HS3 expects them to be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
              Don

Comment

Error

Error

Error

Error

Error

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
                Don
                I didn’t notice any slowness with .357, but have noticed intermittent slowness in Z-Wave response on every new beta starting with .362. It is frequent and noticeable, but intermittent. My delays are on the order of 2-5 seconds, none longer. I have not tried to go back to .357 to see if it changes anything.

I have not seen the same errors. I just installed .368 this morning and will see if we still have delays.

Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.144.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The only real change in the latest builds is with HSTouch being built in. Try disabling HSTouch in setup, restart HS3 and see if that makes any difference. There were no other changes to scheduling, events and such from build 318.

Note that most of the betas had a thread running that wasn't doing anything except using CPU, so I could see that slowing things down. That was fixed in build 367 I believe.

Comment

357 may have some issues, that is why we pulled the update. Build 368 will be posted shortly as the next release. I suggest you test with that, I posted a link to the Windows installer a couple of posts back.
                    Thanks, I'll try that. Any feedback on the missing files from the log entries I posted?

Comment

Those are key HS3 files, they have to be there or HS will not run. Some references must not be set up properly, might be an issue with whatever plugin is using them. HS3 does not use asp.net.

Thanks, I'll try that. Any feedback on the missing files from the log entries I posted?

Comment

The only real change in the latest builds is with HSTouch being built in. Try disabling HSTouch in setup, restart HS3 and see if that makes any difference. There were no other changes to scheduling, events and such from build 318.

Note that most of the betas had a thread running that wasn't doing anything except using CPU, so I could see that slowing things down. That was fixed in build 367 I believe.
                        So far with .368 I have seen no delays. I'll keep an eye on it and post back if there is any change. My wife will be the one who will let me know first. As much as she fights my HA efforts, she is the first to complain when they don't work as fast as she expects.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Those are key HS3 files, they have to be there or HS will not run. Some references must not be set up properly, might be an issue with whatever plugin is using them. HS3 does not use asp.net.
                          Ok, thanks. Just installed 366; I'll see if that helps.

Comment

Ok, that didn't help. Just turned on my home office light, which worked fine. Tried to turn it off again, nothing. Saw this in the log:

Sep-25 4:46:10 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Upstairs Don's Office Don's Office Light
                            About 10 seconds later, the light went off.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just installed 366; I'll see if that helps.
                              Is that a typo 366. We're on 368.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                                Is that a typo 366. We're on 368.
                                No, I guess I downloaded the wrong beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X