No announcement yet.

Charts Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look fantastic - look forward to try it out.
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I get this when I try to download the new release:
      Not found - 404 URL requested (/rfxcharts/download/RFX_Charts.zip) not found

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus,

Sorry, I added the version number to the file name.

Go here http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/rfxcharts/rfxcharts1.htm

and use the link at the bottom of the page.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks! Works great!
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Just a quick note:
            I did know about this issue before, but it has only come to light today with 1 user.

The hourly chart pages will not work if the recording script is set to record just before the hour. e.g. 09:59, 10:59, 11:59 etc. The recommended recording time is on or just after the hour. e.g. 10:01, 11:01, 12:01 etc. Even with the recording time set at 1 minute past the hour, the hourly charts will not work during the time between the hour and the recording time. So if recording time is 10:01 then the hourly charts will not work for the 1 minute between 10:00 and 10:01. Conversely, if the recording script is set at 09:59 then the hourly pages will only work between 09:59 and 10:00.

I could put in an offset parameter to allow the user to specify the number of minutes before or after the hour their recording script is set to run, but perhaps this will just add unnecessary complication.

The chart pages were designed to work with the original RFXCom database, but unfortunately due to the structure of this database, there are a number of limitations that I feel would take too much time to overcome, hence my decision to develop an entirely new database and charting system that uses an entirely different approach.

I hope to have this new system ready for testing towards the end of August.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Just a quick note:

The chart pages were designed to work with the original RFXCom database, but unfortunately due to the structure of this database, there are a number of limitations that I feel would take too much time to overcome, hence my decision to develop an entirely new database and charting system that uses an entirely different approach.

I hope to have this new system ready for testing towards the end of August.

Paul..
              Paul,
              Will this give an oppertunity to be able to chart on any device?
              even stuff not recorded by rfxcom plugin?

I want a way to be able to chart my 1 wire temps, lights and other devices too... I know other plugins.. blchart or something like that does this... but I like the looks of these new charts and stuff.... I just want to make sure this will do what I want before purchasing the plugin and messing with it....

~Jeff

p.s. this is looking promising!!!!! nice work man
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

As long as the devices are in the RFXcom database, my guess is that it should be possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  As long as the devices are in the RFXcom database, my guess is that it should be possible...
                  I understand that portion.. but the non programmer that I am.. is just asking... will there be a way to log devices not received by the rfxcom antenneas, which will then allow charting of them all.....

for my 1 wire temps I was just doing a hs.writelog to the log... to which ultralog copied it over... so it was working.. I stopped doing that method since I rebuilt my machine and have not added that event back which ran every 30 minutes...

so maybe a way to just run an event to take external device status and put them into the database....

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Jeff,

Let me explain a bit about this new project.

It is based around a stand-alone exe which runs in the background on either the Homeseer PC or a LAN connected PC. This interfaces with Homeseer and obtains device data which is then recorded to either an MS Access or SQL database.

The recorded data can then be displayed via web pages from the Homeseer interface in a number of different ways. For example, charts and data lists etc.

Because of all the help I have had from Bert and RFXCom in general, unfortunately this new package will initially only be able to record and chart devices that are configured thorough the RFXCom plug-in.

With the agreement of RFXCom, maybe other devices could be added in the future.

Sorry, but I don't want to tread on anyones toes so to speak.

Paul.

Comment

Jeff,

Let me explain a bit about this new project.

Sorry, but I don't want to tread on anyones toes so to speak.

Paul.
                      Understood and greatly appreciate the dummified version......

that is cool... and explains a bit of it so that is good too..

Comment

I think I have just about finished fixing all the issues that have been reported.

As I mentioned before, I want to try and spend what spare time I have over the next few months on my new data recording and charting project, but before I get on with that, I wondered if anyone has any further requests for the current charts pages.

Here's what I have done already that will be in the next realease.

1. Made the button names for the Enviro pages user definable. (Max 12 Characters)
                        2. Added a third Enviro page at the request of someone with a 3-storey house.
                        3. Added monthly charts to all pages.
                        4. Added the hourly, daily and monthly Cent-A-Meter Charts.

Paul..

Comment

Some questions/problems after using it a while

Hi,

After using the charts for a while I have some problems/questions:
                          1. The wind chill and heat index are continue exactly the same as the normal temperature (see first to pictures)

2. The UV index scale of my UVR128 is from 0 to 25 and the index is above 12 so now and then. The scale of the UV index chart is from 0 to 12, can this be changed??

3. I'm an Apple user, so I use Firefox or Safari. When I open one of the charts, in 80 % of the cases some of the charts won't show up. (see pictures). When I use IE, this also happens but in 1 out of 20 tries.

Thanks,
                          Attached Files
                          Regards,

Rien du Pre
                          The Netherlands
                          Using:
                          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                          Plugin's:
                          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

I will try and answer your queries in order.

1. The formula's used for calculating Wind Chill and Heat Index are the NWS standard. Wind chill is only said to be relevant at temperatures below 7 deg C and wind speeds greater than 8 Kph. Heat index is said to be relevant only for temperatures over 27 deg C and relative humidity over 40%.

Any input values outside the above parameters will result in the current temperature being returned as there is no wind chill or heat index effect.

I suppose I could put in an option to have these meters stay at zero if there is no calculated effect. Which way do you think is best?

2. I didn't realise that there were devices that could report UV index up to 25. I can make the UV meter auto-scaling so that it will increase the scale automatically if necessary or I can put in a user option to set the meter range. Which would you prefer?

3. Someone else has mentioned a couple of issues with some of the pages when using Firefox but not when using IE.

I will see if I can re-create any problems with IE, but unfortunately I am not an Apple user so I can't test with Safari. I will do some research with Firefox and see if I can see what's going on there.

Paul..
                            Last edited by sooty; June 28, 2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

1. The formula's used for calculating Wind Chill and Heat Index are the NWS standard. Wind chill is only said to be relevant at temperatures below 7 deg C and wind speeds greater than 8 Kph. Heat index is said to be relevant only for temperatures over 27 deg C and relative humidity over 40%.

Any input values outside the above parameters will result in the current temperature being returned as there is no wind chill or heat index effect.

I suppose I could put in an option to have these meters stay at zero if there is no calculated effect. Which way do you think is best?
                              Now I know how it's calculated, I think it's better to leave it this way...

2. I didn't realise that there were devices that could report UV index up to 25. I can make the UV meter auto-scaling so that it will increase the scale automatically if necessary or I can put in a user option to set the meter range. Which would you prefer?
                              Because I don't know the range of other UV index meters, I think it's best to set the scale on automatic...

3. Someone else has mentioned a couple of issues with some of the pages when using Firefox but not when using IE.

I will see if I can re-create any problems with IE, but unfortunately I am not an Apple user so I can't test with Safari. I will do some research with Firefox and see if I can see what's going on there.
                              I think it has something to do with ChartDirector itself, because I have the same issues with the default charts of the RFXCOM plugin. Do you know any other sources of chart which are built with chart director on the internet ??

Thanks for your support...
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Ok,

I will leave the Wind Chill and Heat Index as it is.

I have now set the UV meter to auto-scale.

ChartDirector has a number of methods for outputting the chart. Perhaps the methods used with these charts are not 100% compatible with Non-IE browsers. I will need to research this topic a little more and see if there is a better way to deal with Non-IE browsers.

I will try to upload an update tonight sometime. Unfortunately I have found a few issues with the monthly charts I created that need fixing but I will probably upload the latest version with the configuarble Enviro buttons and a number of other fixes.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X