Clear All

Hi Henrik

Can the plugin support the following My Sensors...sensors

1) Relay With Button Actuator
    2) Lightning Sensor
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2314816...lpid=82&chn=ps
    3) Current Motoring Sensor
    4) Voltage Monitoring Sensor

Another thing, I tested the Relay Actuator and found that the the On / Off is inverted on Homeseer, I don't know why. In Manage, I had to set the values on ON at 0% and OFF at 100%. I wish I can show you but my demo version ran out.

Jey

Comment

Hi,

Please see my answers to your questions below.

Can the plugin support the following My Sensors...sensors:

1) Relay With Button Actuator
      Supported by the DOOR (button) and Light (Relay) devices
      2) Lightning Sensor
      Supported by the DISTANCE device
      3) Current Motoring Sensor
      The CURRENT message is currently not supported
      4) Voltage Monitoring Sensor
      The VOLTAGE message is currently not supported

" ... the On / Off is inverted on Homeseer"
      Please provide more info on this one ... The default value is 'alert' if you are referring to the BinarySwitchSensor sketch - when you press the button the status becomes normal. This can either be changed by altering the circuit or modifying the sketch. The RelayActuator sketch does not return any values to the controller (HomeSeer).

It is fairly straight forward to add the CURRENT and VOLTAGE messages to the HomeSeer plugin ... if the device relationship is clearly defined. I've checked the MySensors site and it seems like the messages have been added at a later stage - it is not clear what kind of device they belong to. Maybe the POWER device but this device is hosting the WATT/kWh messages. I will talk to HEK from MySensors about this.

Let me also give an update on the recent enhancements to the plugin (not released yet). I've spent some time implementing ACK/retry support. It is currently working but the implementation might be a bit too simple ...

A message (e.g. a setting a dimmer value) will block the outgoing messages queue if it has the ACK flag set. It will be resend for a configurable number of times in a configurable number of milliseconds intervals until an ACK response is received. The part I don't like is that other messages are blocked, but allowing other messages to be send while waiting for an ACK response will increase the probability of not receiving the ACK response.

I'm also considering to flag the failure to receive and ACK - similar to the way that a communication timeout is indicated.

Best regards,
      Henrik

Comment

Hi,

I've talked to HEK from MySensors about the current and voltage sensors. A new device has been added to the development branch of the MySensors library (S_MULTIMETER).

https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/tree/development

The S_MULTIMETER device will host the current, voltage and impedance sensors.

I'll try to see if I can add support for it in the next release of the MySensors HomeSeer plugin.

Best regards,
        Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          I see a 3 in 1 temp humidity motion sensor described on mysensors.org. Would that work with the plugin? What about sensors on the gateway? Can we use multiple and remote instances of the plugin too? I ask because I have a few low power pc's around the house. I'm thinking of connecting an uno to each with a bunch of sensors and running a remote instance of the plugin.
          Hi Henrik,

Not sure if you saw my post. Any help in answering any of these questions would be helpful to me. I'm just trying to understand what is possible prior to committing a whole bunch of time. Thanks.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I see a 3 in 1 temp humidity motion sensor described on mysensors.org. Would that work with the plugin? What about sensors on the gateway? Can we use multiple and remote instances of the plugin too? I ask because I have a few low power pc's around the house. I'm thinking of connecting an uno to each with a bunch of sensors and running a remote instance of the plugin.
            One sensor node (one Arduino) can have multiple/different sensors attached and this is supported by the plugin. The plugin actually doesn't care. I use it all the time to test the plugin - also some weird combinations.

I've just checked the forum at MySensors.org and according to this thread it seems to be possible, but it is not working 'out of the box'.

http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/832...r-on-gateway/3

Regarding the remote/multiple instances of the plugin. I haven't done anything, so far, to support it - it will most probably not work. I will look into it at some point, but I have a bunch of other tasks to complete first. The nodes can relay messages, so you might not need this functionality?

I hope that this provides some kind of clarification.

Best regards,
            Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
              I hope that this provides some kind of clarification.

Best regards,
              Henrik
              Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I will order an uno, some nano's, some sensors, some rf modules, and various supplies from the buying guide on the mysensors site.

Please don't complicate the plugin on my behalf, I am just trying to learn the capabilities at this point. Looking forward to testing it.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                I guess I will order an uno, some nano's, some sensors, some rf modules, and various supplies from the buying guide on the mysensors site.
                Don't forget some pro minis, especially if you intend to build some battery powered sensors.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Is there going to be an update soon? (as the current one expires end of March...)

Comment

Yes, I'll try to get a release out later today.
                    Last edited by hleidecker; March 28, 2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

New release available.
                        • Configurable ACK/retransmission support for DIMMER and LIGHT devices
                        • 'Last Level' button added to the DIMMER device
                        • Support for the MULTIMETER sensors (only available in the development branch of the MySensors library)

Best regards,
                      Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik,

Would it be possible to add support for the secret knock sensor? I built a couple with my sons and it would be great if it could be controlled through HS as well. Looks like the plugin picks it up, but it doesn't create any other devices for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	secretknock.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1177961

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

Hi Henrik,

One more request.

Would you be able to update the plugin so that it groups the devices that are related to the same MySensors node? More details on grouping is in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=grouping

Thanks
                          Al

Comment

Hi Al,

I'll look into S_LOCK device support and device grouping.

Best regards,
                            Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by hleidecker View Post
                              Hi Al,

I'll look into S_LOCK device support and device grouping.

Best regards,
                              Henrik
                              Thanks Henrik!

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Hi Henrik,

I was experimenting with the Servo MySensors sketch. The plugin created the device for the base node, but did not create a device to control the servo. My understanding is that it would use the DIMMER device for the servo. Is that correct? Is there any way to force it to create the device, or should I remove and re-add it? What's the best way to do that?

Thanks
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X