Smoke Detectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Detectors

Just found this hidden gem. I think this is the future of z-wave home security option.
    Blade could you possibly add Smoke/CO Detectors to this great plugin. With notification for CO Alert, Smoke Alert, Invalid State/Error, Alarm Malfunction, Alarm Heartbeat.
    There are more and more of z wave smokes, about 4 so far, coming on the market these are standard notification is most. Here is a thread that goes into this in more detail. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174570

Right now I'm having to make 5 events for each smoke. With 5 smoke devices right now, that about 20 events
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Hi Tom,

The other option would be a script very similar to my lock script if all of the events that you need are based on changes to the notification device. What kind of actions do you want to take with the events?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You're the man! I was actually thinking about your script as a possibility. I was tinkering with your lock script last night. I just don't have the know how of how to do it.

For all notification email(wife and myself), and push.
      For ANY smoke and/or CO alert/notification, it would be great to turn on indoor z-wave siren.

On a side note(about your lock script), remember the two push notification I was getting for each lock code entered, well after playing with it off and on for a few weeks, I finally figured out late last night that it was the push that was doing it and not your script. Deleted the push setting in Adam's plugin and redid it. Then all was well. Thanks for a great script!
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
        You're the man! I was actually thinking about your script as a possibility. I was tinkering with your lock script last night. I just don't have the know how of how to do it.

For all notification email(wife and myself), and push.
        For ANY smoke and/or CO alert/notification, it would be great to turn on indoor z-wave siren.

On a side note(about your lock script), remember the two push notification I was getting for each lock code entered, well after playing with it off and on for a few weeks, I finally figured out late last night that it was the push that was doing it and not your script. Deleted the push setting in Adam's plugin and redid it. Then all was well. Thanks for a great script!
        Hi Tom,

You're welcome and glad to hear it's working for you. I may not have a chance this weekend to look at the script, but it wouldn't be too difficult and should be able to put together something early next week. Is the screen shot of the notification device posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=17 how yours looks as well? I won't have the ability to test it myself as I don't have one of them (although this may be the excuse I need to pick one or more up ).

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Is the screen shot of the notification device posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=17 how yours looks as well?l
          Yes, this is the exact one I have. This is the most used one from reading this and other forums.

I've decided to retire my Ademco security system and go all z-wave. I know its not UL certified, but I think its good enough. Thanks to your lock script and other events, I'm always alerted about any house issues, I thought why not make all my door sensors, and smokes z-wave too. I already had z-wave motion.
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X