Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Look toward the bottom of the "Network" tab under setup.
    I did see the hstouch block. nothing happened

Comment

Another piece to the puzzle ...

I have a second HS system (that I am just installing at a second home) and it is working fine after upgrading to 3.0.0.357. This system is a HomeTroller Zee S2 running linux.
      I have successfully connected HSTouch using:
      - MyHS
      - locally on network
      - remotely through exposed port 10200.

However, as I reported earlier, my windows based system still will not allow HSTouch to connect via any of the three methods noted above. I've compared all the settings between the two systems, and nothing appears different. (I did change the Speaker Username and Password to a valid user --- somewhere along the way I had deleted the "default" user. This got rid of one warning message in the Linux-based HS log file.) I also found that detailed logging for HSTouch works on the Linux system but not on the Windows system.

-----------
      Current Date/Time: 9/11/2017 8:49:50 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.357
      Linux version: Linux HTZeeS2V2-4015 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 31 Minutes 44 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.0.121
      Number of Devices: 10
      Number of Events: 4
      Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.4.316.2: HSBuddy
      3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
        Could someone explain:

Added multi user support for Amazon Alexa. Multiple Echo units can be linked in a single home and control limited to devices assigned to the given user

and how to enable

I think it might be a feature I might want to use

thanks

+1

I would also like to know how to use the voice command feature, also what does the confirm voice command do. Is there a documentation somewhere which I can read ? It sounds very interesting and probably very useful for use with Alexa (which I use)

Comment

You need multiple amazon accounts, set each echo to its own account and then link each one to MyHS with a different user for each one (you will need the MyHS premium account so you can create the users)

In HS, assign the devices you want each user to control.

Now each user can have the same voice command but control different devices. So a "Lights" device could be the lights in the room where the Echo is.

When you do the "Discovery", each Echo will only discover the devices that are assigned to the user that is linked to that Echo.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          +1

I would also like to know how to use the voice command feature, also what does the confirm voice command do. Is there a documentation somewhere which I can read ? It sounds very interesting and probably very useful for use with Alexa (which I use)
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, that makes sense. What about the voice command field on the devices, when I put a name in there, is that the name I can use for Alexa ? So if my device is called A3, and in the voice command field I have television for example, I can ask Alexa to turn on the television instead of (or do both work, A3 and television) saying turn on A3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by efrey View Post
              The log files seem to indicate the following:
              - HSTouch server is running
              - the HStouch client is opening a connection to the server
              - the client is dropping the connection

Is the client missing an expected message from the server and then drops the connection?

The log shows the same sequence of messages regardless of whether I attempt to login through MyHS, an external port, or on the local network. So, I don't think the network is at fault.
              Anybody got any thoughts why this is happening yet ? it looks like it is occurring quite a bit on different systems. So it cant be network issues.

Comment

Yes, the voice command field overrides the device name and we give that to Amazon as the name of the device. You can see the names after you do the discovery in the Alexa app.

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                OK, that makes sense. What about the voice command field on the devices, when I put a name in there, is that the name I can use for Alexa ? So if my device is called A3, and in the voice command field I have television for example, I can ask Alexa to turn on the television instead of (or do both work, A3 and television) saying turn on A3 ?

Comment

Odd, the connection is not holding for some reason.

Can you edit the file hspi_HSTouch.ini in the HS config folder and add the following line in the Settings section:

gDebugHSTouch=True

Then restart HS, try to connect, and check the log. There should be more info when the connection fails.

Originally posted by ben pownall View Post
                  Anybody got any thoughts why this is happening yet ? it looks like it is occurring quite a bit on different systems. So it cant be network issues.

Comment

ok i have edited the inin file as stated. looking at the log i got loads of state chnages being sent out for various devices but the only one showing up when i log in from hstouch designer is as follows:

Sep-12 16:05:47 HSTouch Server Client has DISCONNECTED.
                    Sep-12 16:05:47 HSTouch Server Client (192.168.1.242/1253) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
                    Sep-12 16:05:47 HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.242/1253
                    Sep-12 16:05:47 HSTouch Server Debug 04:05:47:6406 ~ Adding client 192.168.1.242 to client table with key 2
                    Sep-12 16:05:47 HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.242/1253

Any ideas?

I also notied today that i got an update on the hstouch client app on my adroid device, so tried it. Same thing except it asked for auto log in to be ticked. So i tried that and it still does not work.

Sep-12 18:40:44 HSTouch Server Client has DISCONNECTED.
                    Sep-12 18:40:44 HSTouch Server Client (192.168.1.100/42792) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
                    Sep-12 18:40:44 HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.100/42792
                    Sep-12 18:40:44 HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.100/42792
                    Sep-12 18:40:43 HSTouch Server Client has DISCONNECTED.
                    Sep-12 18:40:43 HSTouch Server Client (192.168.1.18/3778) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
                    Sep-12 18:40:43 HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.18/3778
                    Sep-12 18:40:43 HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.18/3778
                    Sep-12 18:40:43 Warning A request to create the HSTouch user ????????? was denied due to the auto creation of HSTouch users being disabled in setup.

Comment

I assume you have the correct user rights set and the auto connect to HS enabled. Sometimes updates reset your login credentials as has happened to me on a number of occasions. Just a thought.

Comment

Yeah done that. Also tried setting up new user.
                        still same, wont connect.

Comment

Are your SSL certificates up to date. Not sure what OS you are using but if it's Linux you are advised to use Mono 4.x. Not sure how Windows deals with updating SSL certificates these days.

Comment

There is a log entry if the user does not exist, so I don't suspect that.

It looks like it has something to do with the connection. Is the connection going a switch or your router? Maybe its blocking the protocol since its not a known protocol.

Did you restart HS3 just to be sure its not in a bad state?

I think you said you tried to connect with a mobile client using the IP address of the HS3 system?

Try turning off the firewall on the HS3 system just to rule that out.

Can you display the HS3 web site ok through MyHS, both remotely and locally?

Comment

minor issue. Expanding a sub section on the plug-ins manage page and scrolling vertically will result in a collapse of the sub section. This will occur only direct after loading. The next time expanding and scrolling shows normal behaviour.

Chrome latest.

---
                              John

Comment

Hi, all. just to be clear it stopped working after applying the update. but answer questions see below:
                                Is the connection going a switch or your router? nah not unless port has changed, it was all working before update....Maybe its blocking the protocol since its not a known protocol.

Did you restart HS3 just to be sure its not in a bad state? Yes multiple times

I think you said you tried to connect with a mobile client using the IP address of the HS3 system? yes tried different hstouch clients, android and ipad. Also tried hstouch designer on same pc,, also via my homeseer connect. none work

Try turning off the firewall on the HS3 system just to rule that out. already off

Can you display the HS3 web site ok through MyHS, both remotely and locally? yes. no problems with that.

it is happening to others though. see previous posts by others. so cant be my network.

Comment

Working...
                                X