Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using W2C with HS Phone AND as a VoIP adapter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using W2C with HS Phone AND as a VoIP adapter?

Looking at the Way2Call specs, it appears as though it works as a VoIP adapter, and can even "merge" VoIP traffic with your analog line. I have a "secondary" VoIP number that I would like to use as a "back door" number to get into HS. Would it be possible to configure this such that HS would answer calls from this VoIP number, yet still be connected to my home phones (which are connected to my main line)? In other words, connect to an analog line just like normal (phone line going through the W2C so it can use interior phones for voice input), but not answer calls from outside on the analog line: instead, answer calls from outside from a VoIP provider that routes through the computer.

Darin,

That is such a cool idea! We have VoIP, and use a W2C on the analog side of the adapter without issue. We have a secondary number which we don't use at all. I don't know if this will get anywhere, but wanted to give you props on a neat idea.

--David

Comment

Well thanks! But I guess your response, combined with a lack of response from others, indicates that IF it can be done, not many (or any) people know how. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Comment

Working...
      X