This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?way to record days events to use for vacation schedule

Is there anyway to have Homeseer record the days events so that it could be used as the basis for a vacation schedule?

I was hoping to find something that would mimic what a normal day is like, then and some random variability. Being able to record a playback in a loop several days of activity would also be interesting.

I can't find that this exists, but thought I would ask...

Ross

Interesting idea not seen it mentioned before...

You could write a script that in each event was an action and passed the name of the event to a database that recorded the date/time it was fired creating a new table each day? Recording will be far easier than playback though!

It would be interesting to develop, I don't know if there is a plugin around that could simulate the house being lived in?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      It would be interesting to develop, I don't know if there is a plugin around that could simulate the house being lived in?
      It's free - it's easy - it's called BLOccupied.

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/BLOccupied/

~Bill

Comment

Sometimes I just make an event. I don;t think anyone notices things turning on an off at the exact same time over a couple of days unless they are watching your house with a stopwatch.
        Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Create events that turn on and off some of the lights in your house at different times that are close to when they turn on/off normally. Set them to be time based triggers (use different events for different times), and add a condition that the "Security Lighting Flag" must be ON. Create said flag virtual device and turn it ON before you leave the house. In each of the events that turn on/off lights by time, put a checkmark next to the trigger option: Security (randomize time triggers) When you depart, in the same event that you use to turn on the Security Lighting Flag, enable security mode by issuing the immediate script command: &hs.SetSecurityMode 1 You can leave security mode enabled forever if your events that have the security option set are only used when the flag is enabled.

The end result is that when the security mode is enabled, events with the security mode trigger feature enabled will have their actual trigger time modified by a security offset value. The value is set on the General tab of the setup screen - look for Security Offset +/- If you have the offset set to 30 minutes, then the actual time the event triggers can be anywhere from 30 minutes sooner to 30 minutes later than the time you specified in the trigger, and it is changed every day.
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X