need help with my KINECT vr setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with my KINECT vr setup

I am building my house VR setup around the SPUD kinect plug in an it is working amazing for the most part. I just have one little issue with it. is there anyway to have the remote plugins reconnect to HS3 if HS3 restarts. Right now if I restart HS3 I need to go to all of the other PC's and manually open the cmd and restart the plug in. This could become a little bothersome once I get all of the interfaces setup. I would like to be able to have them auto connect is this possible?

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    I am building my house VR setup around the SPUD kinect plug in an it is working amazing for the most part. I just have one little issue with it. is there anyway to have the remote plugins reconnect to HS3 if HS3 restarts. Right now if I restart HS3 I need to go to all of the other PC's and manually open the cmd and restart the plug in. This could become a little bothersome once I get all of the interfaces setup. I would like to be able to have them auto connect is this possible?

Cheers Ken
    you may want to look at Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor for Homeseer 3.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I can probably add an "autoreconnect" command line option, so that the plugin automatically try to reconnect once it has lost connection with HS
      I will look into it.

Comment

That would be awesome Spud. I only have three instances running right now but will be adding a few more in a week or so and it would really help

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

in version 3.0.0.10 available here I have added am "autoreconnect" command line parameter.

so the syntax is:

HSPI_KINECT.exe server=<ip_of_your_hs_machine> instance=<instance_name> autoreconnect=<seconds_to_wait>

for example autoreconnect=30 will wait 30 seconds before it tries to reconnect

Comment

Spud,

thanks for the add I'm downloading it now Ill let you know how it goes

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud I'm assuming that he only difference on the remote instances will be the exe file correct ????

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                Spud I'm assuming that he only difference on the remote instances will be the exe file correct ????

Cheers Ken
                Correct

Comment

Spud so far I'm having no luck with the auto connect. will anything show up in the log for this when it occurs?

Cheers Ken

Comment

nothing in the log, but in the console you should see something like:
                    "Waiting X seconds before trying to reconnect"
                    when you close HS3

please copy paste, what you see in the console

Comment

I dont get a reconnect

this appears in the Hs3 log

May-27 10:50:01 PM Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect
                      May-27 10:49:30 PM Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect
                      May-27 10:49:00 PM Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect
                      May-27 10:48:30 PM Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect
                      May-27 10:48:00 PM Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect

I didn't shut down HS3 but it lost connection all i get in the counsel is connection lost, exiting

Comment

Spud,

hang on a minute it might have been me I was using autoconnect for the parameter instead of autoreconnect

Ill see what happens and let you know

Cheers Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X