X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost HAI Device Status.

Hi;

Have been making chnages to the HS system including upgrades to HS to 1.6.99 and HAI Beta 1.0.64 which both appear to be working great except for a couple small things.
    For some reason on my HS homepage the HAI devices do not update their status, and the Device Last Change time is unavailable on all of them. As another example, if I Arm or Disarm the system the Security Page is accurate but the HS Device Status text is not? Not quite sure exactly when this started.

When I restart HS it says in the log that all devices are updated etc..?

Also (more of a nuisance than a problem) more often than not when I exit HS (70% of the time) I get the -214xxxxx error and have to manually edit the settings.ini file to change back the panel code which somehow gets corrupted into to a long number (I think the same number all of the time?).

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AndyM

Andy,

You are reporting several things here, let me try to address them and ask some questions of you.

Q. Which version of the plug-in are you running? The beta should probably be used as it is light years ahead of the production one. I just keep neglecting to put it into production because some people have not yet confirmed whether name downloading from Omni Pro II panels is still an issue. It is fine on one after a firmware update from HAI, so I am hoping that will resolve it for another person I am working with as well. But I digress... If you are not using the beta package, please load that.

The panel code should be entered in the INI file unencrypted. When the plug-in loads, it detects that it is unencrypted and then encrypts it. It should from then on be able to work with the encrypted version. This encryption is done right away, not at shut-down, so if it is not being saved correctly in your INI I need to know that so I can address it. On my system this works fine.

Are you using a PC Access or Master code for the HAI plug-in?

The device updates - I assume you are watching them in the Windows UI, correct? The web page does not auto-refresh so of course you won't see updates there. I also experienced a problem with the device status/values not updating when another device, the Ocelot, inadvertantly created devices that used the same house code/unit code as some of mine - do you have the Ocelot plug-in loaded?

A note on the status devices - the arming condition does not show anything other than blank or unknown until you arm or disarm the panel. Since you did that and it did not change, then I am inclined to believe that there is a problem with either the Ocelot plug-in (or some other plug-in) like I experienced. In this case, you might want to go to the interface setup page (View...Options... Interfaces... HAI_System, Setup) and choose the "Reset Configuration" button. Immediately after pressing that you should shut down HomeSeer as that nukes the devices that the plug-in uses. When it starts back up, they will be re-created.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Hi Rick;

I am using HAI BETA 1.0.64.
      And yes I am using the Ocelot plugin but have not used or created any variables yet.

1.0.64 and even the prior versions have been working flawlessly up to now (which I think is due to changes I made that it didn't like or created a conflict). I want you to know that I really like the plugin, I have played with many plug-ins and this runs really well as compared to the complexity of it. Hat's off to the Chef!

Anyway;

I selected the Reset Configuration as suggested and it nows updates everything (Fire, Smoke, etc..)
      except
      ^1 Security Status is "Active (22:00)" (normally shows Armed Day, Disarmed etc..)
      and
      ^2 Special status is now "Security Middle Deck MS" (normally shows phone line status).
      They include some Doo Motion Icons and appear to be DooMotion messages?

The DooMotion device numbers are [1, [2 etc..

I have tried arming/disarming, etc.. and it does not update the device ^1 to an HAI plug-in message.

Not really sure what too look for?

Thanks,

AndyM

Comment

This sounds like the problem I had with the VWS plugin. I was messing around with the recreating the VWS variables, and something went gonzo. It overwrote all my HAI device states with VWS stuff and also deleted numerous other devices. The infamous byte stream overwriting into other memory areas. I deleted and recreated the VWS devices a second time, then did the same with the HAI devices and everything was okay. Rick might also have some thoughts.

As far as the missing info on the "HAI System Security Status" device, do you use partitions on your panel? I have the same problem on my system, but haven't tried chasing the problem down and/or annoying Rick about it. I DO use partitions, and I was thinking about moving back to a single partition and see if it clears up the problem. If you don't use partitions and are having the problem, then I will know that partitions are not the problem.

My system is described in my profile.
        My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Andy,

Those display values you provided very CLEARLY show that some other script or plug-in is using the same house code as the HAI plug-in. When the plug-in starts up, if it does not find the HAI devices, then it makes a call to HomeSeer for the next available I/O housecode. Since these devices are conflicting, there is either a bug with that function call, or the other system that is conflicting did not use this method and just arbitrarily picked a housecode.

Can you look at the device in HomeSeer and figure out which other script or plug-in created it by looking at the device type?

Here is another thing to try in the meantime - press the reset configuration again. Before shutting down, create one device that uses hc "[" - you may have to do it with a script command. Then shut down HS and restart it. Hopefully this will tell us what is going on. If the HAI plug-in uses that housecode, then the function call to get the next I/O code is not working right. If it uses a different one, then your problem is solved until that rogue script or plug-in bites you again later.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X