Event Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Trigger

How do you setup an event to trigger when the alarm is going off? I can't seem to find the documentation. I assume if I put in unspecified it should work, but I can't really pinpoint just the alarm's actual trigger.

Delay Alarm Triggering

Is there any way to delay the sounding of the alarm? I tend to open the door too fast and it triggers the alarm. I must mention that I have the unlatch by lever sending the disarm command, and it's just a couple of seconds between the system disarming, and it going off.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      How do you setup an event to trigger when the alarm is going off? I can't seem to find the documentation. I assume if I put in unspecified it should work, but I can't really pinpoint just the alarm's actual trigger.
      It depends on which alarm, there are a LOT of them. And you're talking Alarm (trouble, fail, etc) not Device (Door, window, Arm, etc). The devices are what are used most of the time as they cover most of the situations you're looking for. Perhaps a little more info as to what you're trying to accomplish??

Can't help you with your second question, that's a panel config, Matt should be able to help there.

Z

Comment

You've asked two questions here. What exactly are you trying to achieve.

Your zone/sensor that controls your entry/exit point should be put in Group 13 which will then allow you to determine the amount of time between trigger and alarm activation. All achieved directly from the control panel.

Settling up an event to carry out a command in the event of an alarm condition is quite straightforward. The alarm panel and it's zones/sensors are just devices as far as HS3 is concerned. A basic example assuming you have a zone/sensor named Frontdoor and a device called Light and you want to turn the light on in the event of the Frontdoor being tripped

If Frontdoor changes and becomes faulted
        Then Set Device Light to On

Again I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve but the condition of the zones/sensors are either normal or faulted so use these parameters to set up the logic of your events.

Comment

I was asking for the trigger to have a push notification sent when the alarm is going off. Then, the comments that suggested I'd have different triggers for the different zones seems to require excessive event building. Maybe I should just build a single event to push when the siren is wailing? Do people really put an event for every zone to do this? There's 30 Zones. I'd think there would be something that tells HS the alarm is wailing, and this ____ is what triggered the event. I'm new forgive my ignorance.

So about the group 13 thing. I looked in the plugin's control page and found the listing of the zones. Is the group 13 the Zone Type? I notice the previous owner's/installer's put the doors in Zone Type 10, and the windows and break sensors in zone 13. So I need to find the command to lengthen the delay before wailing of group 10. That sounds easy enough.
          Attached Files

Comment

I was asking for the trigger to have a push notification sent when the alarm is going off. Then, the comments that suggested I'd have different triggers for the different zones seems to require excessive event building. Maybe I should just build a single event to push when the siren is wailing? Do people really put an event for every zone to do this? There's 30 Zones. I'd think there would be something that tells HS the alarm is wailing, and this ____ is what triggered the event.
            Again, it depends on what you define as an "Alarm". Triggers exist for all of the individual devices (zones?) so, if you're referring to an "alarm" when any device changes state (ie door/window - open/closes), yes you'll need to create an event for each as there's no ALL zones alarm sent from the Concord unless it's armed. If you want an alarm when the system is Armed, you can figure out which device set it off by pulling the HS3 device value from the "Last Changed" device. I have a simple script that will do that for you.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
              Again, it depends on what you define as an "Alarm". Triggers exist for all of the individual devices (zones?) so, if you're referring to an "alarm" when any device changes state (ie door/window - open/closes), yes you'll need to create an event for each as there's no ALL zones alarm sent from the Concord unless it's armed. If you want an alarm when the system is Armed, you can figure out which device set it off by pulling the HS3 device value from the "Last Changed" device. I have a simple script that will do that for you.

Z
              Vasrc how about Panel Status. If all Concord Devices are Normal and one or more changes does Panel Status change to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                Vasrc how about Panel Status. If all Concord Devices are Normal and one or more changes does Panel Status change to reflect this.
                You're correct, using the Panel Status and a script, will give you the device/zone that caused the alarm. This will only be for devices/zones and not other alarms.

Script below:

Z

Public Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                Dim AlarmType, Parms() as String
                Parms = split(Parm, ",")
                ' Change device string if it's been renamed'
                Dim LZname as String = "System Last Zone Faulted"
                Dim LZref as integer = hs.DeviceValueByName(LZname)

if (LZref > 0) then
                Dim dv as Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass
                dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(LZref)

Dim ZoneName as String = dv.Name(hs)
                Dim emsg as string = Parms(0) & " received for " & ZoneName
                hs.SendEmail("TOemailaddress","FROMemailaddress","CCemailadd ress","BCCemailaddress","Alarm Recieved",emsg,"")
                end if

End Sub
                Last edited by vasrc; December 3, 2017, 11:19 AM. Reason: Clarify SendEmail parameters

Comment

You're correct, using the Panel Status and a script, will give you the device/zone that caused the alarm. This will only be for devices/zones and not other alarms.

Script below:

Z

Parms = split(Parm, ",")

if (LZref > 0) then

hs.SendEmail("emailaddress1","emailaddress2","","","Alarm Recieved",emsg,"")
                  end if

End Sub
                  Very useful script.

I'll check this out when I'm back in the house.

Comment

I was asking for the trigger to have a push notification sent when the alarm is going off. Then, the comments that suggested I'd have different triggers for the different zones seems to require excessive event building. Maybe I should just build a single event to push when the siren is wailing? Do people really put an event for every zone to do this? There's 30 Zones. I'd think there would be something that tells HS the alarm is wailing, and this ____ is what triggered the event. I'm new forgive my ignorance.

So about the group 13 thing. I looked in the plugin's control page and found the listing of the zones. Is the group 13 the Zone Type? I notice the previous owner's/installer's put the doors in Zone Type 10, and the windows and break sensors in zone 13. So I need to find the command to lengthen the delay before wailing of group 10. That sounds easy enough.
                    Try this link. As you say easy enough to adjust entry/exit times

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/84...s.html?page=46

Comment

Not sure if it was answered but yes. Group 13 is "zone type" in the PI.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Script below:

Z

Parms = split(Parm, ",")

if (LZref > 0) then

hs.SendEmail("TOemailaddress","FROMemailaddress","CCemailadd ress","BCCemailaddress","Alarm Recieved",emsg,"")
                        end if

End Sub
                        so all I have to do is save this as a .vb, change TOemailaddress to the actual email address? then set the event to run script?
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          so all I have to do is save this as a .vb, change TOemailaddress to the actual email address? then set the event to run script?
                          Trigger on the Concord Panel Status device changing to Fault.
                          Add another event for "Ready" if you want to be notified when it clears.
                          Note: since this retrieves from the Last Status Field, it may get the wrong device if there are a lot of alarms generated at the same time and HS3 is running on a slower device.
                          You might also want to AND on some conditionals (ie Away/Armed, etc) to keep it from triggering every time a door is open/closed

Personally, I have separate events for many of the Zones since I want to manage them separately (ie delays, alarm, trigger other events)

Z

Comment

Working...
                          X