No announcement yet.

ZMC v4 - Whole house audio for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read the whole thread, I have also read on your homepage. I find something interesting in this script. But there are some questions.

I do have a Control4 system which are very good in Audio/Video distribution, but it's to expensive, so I have started to use Homeseer for my HA. Now I want to switch over to HS for the audio to. What I want to achieve is :

1. Distribute audio to the whole house
    2. Have two or three speakers which plays for the house. When number 1 is busy the next is choosen and so on.

The user should only choose which room they want to play in, and what to play. I read something about the winamp, but I didn't catch the whole thing.

I do have a Gentner PSR1212 which are pretty similar to the XAP800, will it work ?

Does your script help me out ?

Comment

Adding a hs.Wait(temp.Length()/2) after the hs.Speak seemed to do the trick. It looks like Homeseer broke hs.Speak(text,true) since it no longer appears to wait...

Comment

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
        Adding a hs.Wait(temp.Length()/2) after the hs.Speak seemed to do the trick. It looks like Homeseer broke hs.Speak(text,true) since it no longer appears to wait...
        Thx for testing and reporting it back.
        I am working on switching my HS2 system to HS3 so in time I will have more knowledge of the behavior of this script with HS3.
        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Is there any update on your move to HS3? Any updates to code in 2018?

Comment

There's has been. Bram will chime in I'm sure.

I'm just rebuilding my setup and plan to use his new scripts.

HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Since i am now also running HS3 and ZMC there are a few updates to the code.
              However, a few of them are just for my own sake or novilities that i use. Think of randomising a tekst to speak when a doorbell rings.
              You don't have to use these functions but they are in.

Secondly, HS3 is quiet different then HS2. That means that the setup will take you more time if you have a lot of rooms. But you only have to do it ounce. The systeem is running now for 6 months without any problem so i am pleased with it.

The VR part is still there but i hadn't time to test it under HS3. It's low on my list due to some major rebuild on my house.

I will post an update with the latest code and setup instructions.
              - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Here it is.

For most details on ZMC in general i refer to the first post.
                In the zip you will find the most recent files and a short write up about what is chanegd and how to deal with it.
                Attached Files
                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                X