This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLobal Cache GC-100 Plugin update 4.0.0.9

Version 4.0.0.9 has been posted to the updater.

Changes since 4.0.0.7:

* Fixed a memory leak caused by announcements from GC-100 devices not being released from memory.

* Fixes for connection issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Thanks!

This still does not fix the IR update though...

Also, the updating of any kind still creates bad lines in the INI which in turn makes the plugin time out and throw errors unless you go back and clean up the bad lines in the INI using a text editor.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Version 4.0.0.9 has been posted to the updater.

Changes since 4.0.0.7:

* Fixed a memory leak caused by announcements from GC-100 devices not being released from memory.

* Fixes for connection issues.
      For me this has been a miracle! Because of my memory leak problem, I have been upgrading and downgrading HS Pro for the better part of a year to solve the problem. I could not go much beyond 2 days, before I ran out of virtual memory and had to restart HS Pro. Finally, I started using Jon00's restart program to restart every 2 days. However, since I have updated this plug-in, I have now gone for 4 days with memory usuage not dropping below 50%. Thanks for figuring this one out.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

My Global Cache crashes intermittently

I have a Global Cache unit for IR control.
        Intermittently it stops working. In the log I see
        a message indicating that HS can no longer find the Global cache. I can still ping it successfully. I tried cycling power on the unit but it did not work. The only way to get it going again is to re-start HS. Seems like the plug-in is at fault here. I upgraded from 4.0.0.7 to 4.0.0.9 because it claims to fix some memory leaks. But I am still having problems. Can anyone detail the problem in an INI file that must be corrected with a text editor? Based on some posts here, the upgrade to 4.0.0.9 does not address this. Not sure if this is my problem. Very intermittent may every 1-3 days. Very Frustrating!

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

Can anyone tell me the proper syntax for the RegisterSerialScript? I have been trying:
          RegisterSerialScript(SerIndex, ScriptFile, ScriptFunc, False)
          but it keeps telling me that the Object doesn't support this property or method.

I noticed that SendSerialData(SerIndex, data) will require the gcMod to be included so I tried that with the register script command as well to no avail.

Can anyone help with the correct way of registering a script handler?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup iTach Flex in HS3 Global Cache plug-in.
            I found GC device, manually added it IP address and added it. Now it is appeared in "Global Cache Device Settings". Then I am clicking to the "Next Step" and on the page it says "No devices configured to learn signals from." Also, on Error/Warning page there is the following error:
            "~!~Error~!~Posting back to plugin web page GCIR_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Could you please help me to understand and resolve the issue.

Thanks and regards,
            Alex

Comment

IR input to trigger HS

Hi,

Can i use this plugin with a GC-100 device (does it need to be a special version?) to trigger HS when the device receive a special IR command?

I want to trigger a event (Close curton) when i klic on a green button on the DVR remote.

Thanks

Comment

RS232/Serial on HS3 update

Just spoke with the guys at Homeseer, I know there's a lot of people looking on how to connect to their serial ports on their GC100's and not finding clear answers here on the forums.
                At this time, you can connect to the ports but it's not integrated in the plugin as of yet (in plugin version 5.0.0.7). Through the plugin only IR and Relays are supported at this time.

The way to connect to your RS232 ports right now is by using a com port forwarder (they suggest the one from http://www.eterlogic.com/, free for 32bit, paid for 64 bit) and using that to create a virtual com port to connect.
                My suggestion with this software is to set up the port forward and save that as setup as a 'Virtual Serial Ports Configuration' file, then add a shortcut to that file in your Startup menu so that when your system reboots, it automatically starts up the port forwarding (the only way I found to do it).

A sample of the script that works for me is as follows:
                Sub Main(ShadeCmd)

hs.OpenComPort (20,"9600,N,8,1",1,"","")
                hs.SendToComPort (20,ShadeCmd)
                hs.closeComPort(20)

End Sub

In this example, ShadeCmd pulls the information from the Paramaters field in the 'Run Script or Command' as a string I need to send to my Somfy device that opens my shade (different events for different shades, this way I only have 1 script for 4 shades) and the 20 is the number I have set as my virtual com port.

I hope this helps people out that are looking for answers and not really finding any on this issue.

I'm posting this here because it's a sticky post and therefore hopefully people will run across it quicker, sorry for the lengthy post.

Comment

Originally posted by maikelwijnen View Post
                  Hi,

Can i use this plugin with a GC-100 device (does it need to be a special version?) to trigger HS when the device receive a special IR command?

I want to trigger a event (Close curton) when i klic on a green button on the DVR remote.

Thanks
                  @maikelwijnen,

Yes, this should work using the plugin as long as you're using IR or Relay to control your curtains. You may experience a slight delay though, depending on how fast your server is. I'm assuming you're capturing the green button's command using Homeseer, then when that command is received, it sends out a signal to the GC100 to open the curtain?

Comment

Cheeryfool just directed me to drule's IP/Serial plugin that can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169754 and it controls the GC100-12 Com ports with no effort when using it as a TCP-IP device.

He pointed it out on my other thread here, I also posted screenshots there: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1133044

Much easier than using port forwarding software!

Comment

Serial connections and control

Does anyone know if there are plans to add the serial connections to the PI? If so when can we expect to see this addition?

thanks

Comment

+1 for restoring access to the serial ports within the GC HS plugin.

Comment

Working...
                        X