No announcement yet.

Yamaha RX-V Series AV Receivers Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plugin is nearly ready for beta. Having a 1YO in the house has limited DEV time I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

How do you guys like the Yamaha Receivers?
      My current Sony receiver was from before HDMI came out and it's driving me crazy so i am trying to decide on a new one and the amazon ratings are great for the Yamaha ones and the app looks better than most. it also looks like there may be a HS3 plugin coming soon

Comment

I really love my yamaha rxv479. I thought the 4 preset buttons on the front would be "gimmicky" but it turns out they are really useful and I use them all the time to quickly change modes. The power and sound are perfect for my basement and when not using it for home theater mode it participates in my whole house audio with a direct analog feed from my monoprice amp. In this configuration I basically end up with a whole house sub woofer as the base thump really travels.

Be careful when selecting a model as I don't think they all have control over Ethernet.

I started writing a plugin but I just don't have the time to finish it. So looking forward to trying the Beta, Go Beery!
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

FYI if anybody is looking for a way to IP control way more than just what the stock yamaha app can do....I just found out about EventGhost + yamaha-network-receivers plugin

I set it up a few days ago on my RX-V773 and use it to 'Set Audio In for Video Source'. So I can have 'HDMI5' video playing but listen to audio from another source.

I also saw that EventGhost has a HomeSeer plugin...haven't checked it out yet, but at least it sounds like it should be relatively easy to use HomeSeer to trigger EventGhost and the yamaha plugin.

List of IP controls the plugin can do:
          • Increase Volume (User defined increment)
          • Decrease Volume (User defined decrement)
          • Set Exact Volume (User defined)
          • Toggle Mute
          • Set Input Source (HDMI1, HDMI2, AV1, V-AUX, etc)
          • Set Scene # (User defined)
          • Power: On, Off, Standby, Toggle On/Standby
          • Toggle Surround Decode / Straight
          • Toggle Enhancer
          • Next Radio Preset
          • Previous Radio Preset
          • Toggle Radio AM/FM
          • Radio Auto Freq Up
          • Radio Auto Freq Down
          • Radio Freq Up
          • Radio Freq Down
          • Input Volume Trim
          • Set Radio Station
          • Set Initial Volume
          • Set Max Volume
          • Set and Get Speaker Levels
          • Bass and Treble control
          • Set wall paper
          • Set Audio In for Video Source
          • Set Display Dimmer
          • Set Sleep Timer
          • Cursor Actions (Choose Main Zone / Zone 2):
            • Up
            • Down
            • Left
            • Right
            • Enter
            • Return
            • Level
            • On Screen
            • Option
            • Top Menu
            • Pop Up Menu
          • NumChar Actions (Choose Main Zone / Zone 2):
            • +10
            • ENT
          • Operation Actions (Choose Main Zone / Zone 2):
            • Play
            • Stop
            • Pause
            • Search-
            • Search+
            • Skip-
            • Skip+
            • FM
            • AM

These are the supported models from the documentation:

RX-V867 [working]
          RX-V473 [working]
          RX-V773 [working]
          RX-V775 [working]
          ```

Supported Models (Incomplete)
          ------
          Typically, any `Yamaha RX-Vxxx` models are supported. Here is an incomplete list of (possibly) supported models.
          ```
          RX-V867, RX-V1067, RX-V2067

RX-V671, RX-V871

RX-V473, RX-V573, RX-V673, RX-V773

RX-V475, RX-V575, RX-V675, RX-V775

Comment

Looking for a Raspberry Pi - HS3 version

These all seem to be based on a Windows based HS3.

I'm using a Raspberry PI with HS3.
            Is there a version for my setup?

Current Date/Time: 7/9/2016 1:04:42 AM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 16 Days 3 Hours 6 Minutes 41 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.0.42
            Number of Devices: 84
            Number of Events: 97

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.4: CM15A
            3.0.0.95: HSTouch Server
            3.0.0.27: MediaController
            3.0.0.11: NetCAM
            3.0.0.44: weatherXML

Comment

Folks, I'm back up and working on the plugin. I'm trying to get my head around the functionality folks are looking for here, so I'd welcome any input.

There are 400-500 different commands most amps can handle, and over 6 different model families. If I were to implement the complete protocol, you could end up with hundreds of HS3 devices created for controlling different aspects.

I could implement this but t would be costly, lengthy and I'm not sure it would ever be used.

The alternative would be implement the basic functions most folks would like HS3 to automate (power, volume, zones, input selection, etc) and expand from there.

I'm guessing there are very few users who really want to use homeseer to set the lip-sync delay or speaker patterns when you have a perfectly good remote control in a drawer somewhere? I'm not looking to completely replace a remote and the on-screen menus here, but allow you to manage the day-to-day usage of the amp from HS3.

Thoughts?
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hey beery,

I agree that basic functionality is all that's really needed for normal use. You want enough control over the amp to say use for announcements or put into movie mode. That means power volume and and changing the input.

If it were me I would add more complex features at a later date by allowing them to be enabled in an options checkbox on a settings page.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

@Beerygaz fully agree with your approach.

I have been using a Yamaha plugin on Vera for years and what I use most is on/off and input switching. Scene would be nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tyfoon View Post
                    @Beerygaz fully agree with your approach.

I have been using a Yamaha plugin on Vera for years and what I use most is on/off and input switching. Scene would be nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                    I would be really interested in this plug in as well.

I would like to be able to select zones, change soures and volume.

I am happy to help test this.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                      Folks, I'm back up and working on the plugin. I'm trying to get my head around the functionality folks are looking for here, so I'd welcome any input.

There are 400-500 different commands most amps can handle, and over 6 different model families. If I were to implement the complete protocol, you could end up with hundreds of HS3 devices created for controlling different aspects.

I could implement this but t would be costly, lengthy and I'm not sure it would ever be used.

The alternative would be implement the basic functions most folks would like HS3 to automate (power, volume, zones, input selection, etc) and expand from there.

I'm guessing there are very few users who really want to use homeseer to set the lip-sync delay or speaker patterns when you have a perfectly good remote control in a drawer somewhere? I'm not looking to completely replace a remote and the on-screen menus here, but allow you to manage the day-to-day usage of the amp from HS3.

Thoughts?
                      Agree!
                      I have a CX/MX A5000.
                      Volume, scene and 'sound' (the different options like 2 channel, 7 channel etc.)

Comment

Thanks for working on this.
                        We have a RX-A1030 with network(IP) control.
                        On/off, volume, input select would be my top 3. Scenes would be nice.
                        Marty
                        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Looking forward

Beerygaz

I am to looking forward to this plugin.
                          I use 4 x RX-S601D with MusicCast. It runs just great.
                          Your plugin with basic control would be all it need to be perfect.
                          Input selector
                          Volume
                          On/off

Do you have any time schedule for the first test/release

Thanks for the work

Stones

Comment

Beerygaz,

I've been hoping for years someone would build a plugin for Yamaha AV Receivers. Any chance it will work with an RX-A3000?

Forrest

Comment

Whats avaliable for the Pioneer Recivers is exactly what Id like to see for my RX-A3060.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...ioneeravr3.htm

It would be great if you could change the volume for individual speakers. When I play music I want to lower the volume on the rear speakers and when watching movies I want to turn them up. If possible.

Comment

I must apologize for the additional delay in the plugin. I'm afraid I lost my job, and while some may say that should give me ample time to work on the plugin then, I needed the time to find gainful employ before re-focussing on my HS3 plugins.

Comment

Working...
                                X