No announcement yet.

Yamaha RX-V Series AV Receivers Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He he, yes, the test events are still there. Havent spent time figuring out how to remove them.

Try changing your amplifier to receive data on port 50000 instead of 80. That might work.

Then try finding the YNC2 specification file and run it trough the text analyzer program or just manually enter the commands that the YNC2 uses.

Im not sure why any HDMI devices would be added of you have them disabled, and why the mute and volume control would not be there. Can you give me a screenshot?

Comment

There seem to be some parts of the YNCA-specifiaction that is not correct. Im getting messages from the amplifier that does not exist in the list and some messages in the list does not respond. I also found that at least for my RX-A3060 that the sound program (SOUNDPRG) "7ch stereo" is wrong in the spec, it should be "9ch stereo".

Comment

Well I cant let you guys have all the fun! So I dropped the latest version into my HS3 on my development machine, windows 7. I got an error on first enable of the plugin so I disabled it, then re-enabled it. Here is the log and devices it created.

I set the IP address of my rxv-479 under settings but when I return to that screen it doesn't seem to have saved it.

Dec-29 6:59:16 PM Device Control Device: YAMAHA_RECEIVER Device YAMAHA-RECEIVER Utility Read All Data to Start Read (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Dec-29 6:58:21 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in YAMAHA-RECEIVER
        Dec-29 6:58:21 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER Checking for devices owned by YAMAHA-RECEIVER
        Dec-29 6:58:21 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER 0 triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
        Dec-29 6:58:21 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
        Dec-29 6:58:21 PM Info Plugin YAMAHA-RECEIVER has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:16131
        Dec-29 6:58:15 PM Info Plugin YAMAHA-RECEIVER with instance: has disconnected
        Dec-29 6:58:15 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: YAMAHA-RECEIVER
        Dec-29 6:56:48 PM Device Control Device: YAMAHA_RECEIVER Device YAMAHA-RECEIVER Utility Read All Data to Start Read (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        Dec-29 6:54:29 PM MC CreateUPnPControllers called but no devices found
        Dec-29 6:53:38 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in YAMAHA-RECEIVER
        Dec-29 6:53:17 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER Error Exception in Find_Create_Devices/Create: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Dec-29 6:53:17 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER Checking for devices owned by YAMAHA-RECEIVER
        Dec-29 6:53:17 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER 0 triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
        Dec-29 6:53:17 PM YAMAHA-RECEIVER InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
        Dec-29 6:53:17 PM Info Plugin YAMAHA-RECEIVER has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:15625
        Attached Files
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

First off thanks for the continuing effort. I have a RX-V3900 where would I find the command list file for it? I haven't had any luck on the Yamaha website or with Google. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
              He he, yes, the test events are still there. Havent spent time figuring out how to remove them.

Try changing your amplifier to receive data on port 50000 instead of 80. That might work.

Then try finding the YNC2 specification file and run it trough the text analyzer program or just manually enter the commands that the YNC2 uses.

Im not sure why any HDMI devices would be added of you have them disabled, and why the mute and volume control would not be there. Can you give me a screenshot?
              I will not be able to post a screenshot until next week. However, I must confess I wrote something wrong. I did have HDMI 1-4 selected as "YES in the plugin, and they showed up. The rest of them did not.

I will attempt to change ports and change to YNC2 next week when I get home.

Comment

Just checked my remote setup on my phone (I use SimpleHome as a remote for my AV equipment, but want to change to HS3 for he most parts, at least monitoring and turning stuff on and off)

The receiver is listening on port 50000 already so that is not the issue. Will investigate further next week.

Comment

Dang...just thought I'd search for a Yamaha thread and found this just posted. Happy Happy Happy. Something else to play with on HS3.....

Comment

Fixed problem with having to remove all devices if plugin is restarted.

You still have to remove all devices if you changed the XML-file. If change the XML file and restart the plugin without removing the devices you will get strange errors since the plugin uses indexes from the struct from the XML to interpret incomming and sent commands.

Note that you cannot add devices or parameters in HS3 and think that will work since it would not correspond to the struct from the XML. You can add icons to states if you want.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Remember that you will have to enable both the root and the devices you want to use. For instance my RX-A3060 has roots SYS, MAIN, ZONE2, ZONE3, ZONE4 and all the internet radio function, raphsody, USB and so on as one root each.

Comment

Startup error?

Created XML...dropped XML and exe into HS3 directory. I get the following in log on startup and plug-in doesn't load. What am I missing? Thanks...

!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_yamaha_receiver.exe Class: hspi_yamaha_receiver.HSPI->Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Comment

Great stuff. I tried the 0.0.3 plug-in with the XML generated file for RX-V867U. I actually have the RX-V675 but didn't know where to grab the YNCA file for that model so just figured the 867 was close enough to try it out.

I turned off a lot of stuff I don't use at the moment (Sirius, BT, ...) and just focused on the Zone 1 and 2 controls. Those generally worked for control but didn't seem to ever get any status back. I could see the changes occur onscreen or on the front panel of the receiver but the HS3 Home page never updated with the status changes except if I manually refreshed the page.

I tried power, input selection, sound processing modes, mute, ... on Zone 1 and 2 and generally control worked well on what I tried.

Keep up the good work!

XM

Comment

If you have a command that is not working then there is a way if figuring out what the command should be for your amplifier. You need to use the phone app and wireshark. Wireshark is an ethernet sniffing program. Set wireshark to only listen to data going to the IP address of the amplifier. Then send the command you are after from the phone app and look at the clear text message in wireshark. There should be something like in the attached image. See the "@SYS:MODELNAME=?"?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I guess I'm a little confused. Where do I get this xml.txt file, where does it go, and what do I name it?
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I know its confusing, Ill need to start a new thread for this plugin soon with all information in the first post. Ill do it as soon as I have a little more time.

Go back to page 6, I posted a program there named text analyzer. the .zip-file contains command description files for different series of amplifiers. Start the program, and select the file corresponding to your series of amplifier. Close the program, you now have an .XML-file in the same folder. Drop it into the HS3 folder together with the plugin .EXE-file.

Comment

Working...
                                X