No announcement yet.

Simple Control / Roomie integrate with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should not have to declare it. What does your scriptingreferences line in your settings.ini file contain? Mine is like this:

Code:
    ScriptingReferences=System.Management;System.Management.dll,System.Web;System.web.dll,System.Windows.Forms;System.Windows.Forms.dll,System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll
    You might need to add the System.Web ones.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      You should not have to declare it. What does your scriptingreferences line in your settings.ini file contain? Mine is like this:

Code:
      ScriptingReferences=System.Management;System.Management.dll,System.Web;System.web.dll,System.Windows.Forms;System.Windows.Forms.dll,System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll
      You might need to add the System.Web ones.
      OK, I added the Scripting Rewferences and it runs fine now.
      Still getting a (400) Bad Request error

I double checked the uuid

May-22 4:04:17 PM Roomie Command: { "activity_uuid" : "B02BEC70-3B0F-4F64-8084-AAF01ABF6F03" }

May-22 4:04:17 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/RoomieAPI.vb("Main")

May-22 4:04:17 PM Event Event Trigger "Home Control RoomieTest"

We have the Json exactly as in the example and I think that -d makes the 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' correct
      At least we know that the server is listening and responding
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Maybe try some of the other commands in the api. Not sure what else to suggest.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

So are you paying for the multiple clients? The app looks great but 3 devicea is limiting

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
            So are you paying for the multiple clients? The app looks great but 3 devicea is limiting
            I was an early adopter so I am "Grandfathered" in for unlimited devices.
            They changed their business model to charge by devices. Too bad, but I think still worth it.

The app itself is flawless, easy to program and powerful.
            The nice part is that it works synergistically with HS3. For example, they can both send IR commands from a Global Cache iTach IP2IR without stepping on each other. I can also trigger HS3 events from the App by sending HTML commands. HS3 responds very quickly.

The Simple Service App runs well in the background and from the iPad slide over. Too bad HSTouch can't do the same.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Maybe try some of the other commands in the api. Not sure what else to suggest.

Cheers
              Al
              Thanks Al, I learned a bunch from your script, which I think is solid.
              I can try some of the other commands as you discuss.

I can also reach out to the developer, I am not sure many have gotten tis to work.

Enjoyed the efforts, always fun!
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Ooohh, just came across this now. I've been using Roomie (Simple Control) for years and have been dying for proper integration between the two for years, as they keep changing the way the URL's work and I keep having to debug and redo my light/thermostat controls.

I'm definitely going to dig into this chain more when I have some time and probably pester you guys with questions, so you're forewarned

Comment

Originally posted by rjdevries View Post
                  Ooohh, just came across this now. I've been using Roomie (Simple Control) for years and have been dying for proper integration between the two for years, as they keep changing the way the URL's work and I keep having to debug and redo my light/thermostat controls.

I'm definitely going to dig into this chain more when I have some time and probably pester you guys with questions, so you're forewarned
                  I am resurrecting this thread to see if there has been anymore interest.
                  I am able to trigger HS3 events from Roomie via HTTP with no issues, so I am pretty happy.

Roomie (Simple Control) is awesome, so two way control would be great. I know that it is doable but requires the Simple Control Hub and probably a plugin to do it right.
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I am looking for a new means to control my av and have been looking at SimpleControl, IRule and the Ultra plugin with global cache and am interested in your tie-in with HS.
                    I have yet to purchase a global device but have been thinking about the gc100-12 or a few ipir's to use for the iPad or iPhone.
                    Any thoughts on the products or options would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Adding my vote to have HS3/Simple Controls integration. If there is code written, I'm happy to test it and/or use it as the basis to enhance. I have the expanded device subscription but not the Hub, but can get the Hub if needed.

Comment

Im also interested in integration
                        They seem to integrate with fibaro, vera and insteon, I don't see why not have the name Homeseer there also

Comment

Any further development here or a Plug-in????

Devoir

Comment

Any updates on getting it working? It used to work for me in HS2/3 using for example "/HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx?function=setdevicebyid&param1=11&para m2=OFF" and an IP plus Port on an HTTP command but it no longer seems to work on HS4. I'd like to get the functionality back though (this was for lights).

Comment

Working...
                            X