Savant Plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savant Plug-in?

Does anyone know if there is a way to incorporate the new Savant Remote + Host with wireless IR Blaster with Homeseer? Looks like a nice alternative to the Harmony stuff?

https://www.savant.com/product/remote-host

Still curious if anyone knows if there is a way to integrate the new Savant remote+Host with Homeseer?

Comment

Originally posted by str1der View Post
      Still curious if anyone knows if there is a way to integrate the new Savant remote+Host with Homeseer?
      Looking around at the website (and the units have a real sex appeal but I have just started breathing again after seeing the price) I can't see anything obvious about an API or such which would be needed for HS integration. Unless they publish something I doubt you are going to get anywhere, also looking at the prices if you sold a plugin for $30 you would have to sell 24 plugins just to break even purchasing the unit (HS take 30% IIRC) let alone get a profit, I doubt you will get anyone to take it on as you are the only person I have seen ask for it...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Looking around at the website (and the units have a real sex appeal but I have just started breathing again after seeing the price) I can't see anything obvious about an API or such which would be needed for HS integration. Unless they publish something I doubt you are going to get anywhere, also looking at the prices if you sold a plugin for $30 you would have to sell 24 plugins just to break even purchasing the unit (HS take 30% IIRC) let alone get a profit, I doubt you will get anyone to take it on as you are the only person I have seen ask for it...
        I guess the price is a little up there at $499 for the remote, charging base, host, and IR blaster but the Harmony elite runs about $350 doesn't it? Also the Savant allows for complete control of Sonos compared to the limited of Harmony I didn't think it was to bad.

Comment

I would definitely be interested in this.....

A company called NEEO is developing a remote like the savant one. Im hoping they begin to ship them soon. Be a long wait. It seems like it will work with homeseer

Comment

Looking to get rid of my Savant

Hi,

If you haven't bought the Sevant system don't. The people at Magnolia talked me into adding it to control by home theater they wired. Everyone in my house hates it. The app is not easy to use and connections are always dropping. I have a harmony hub in my room it cost 1/4 of the Savant and works a lot better and is more dependable. They are both on the same network so I know the connection issues are the savant. It is really limited on the control on the app unless you spend hours customizing. I'm going to put mine up for sale soon. It doesn't even integrate with my Sonos so to listen to music we have to turn receiver with savant app click Sonos input them open Sonos app to control.

Comment

Working...
            X