Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Events Used with Vista Alarm

Hi all,

I've new to home automation (but have a technical background) and recently picked up a hometroller specifically because I was interested in ditching my expensive alarm monitoring. At this point I've hooked up my ZeeS2, AD2USB, installed and configured the plugin, and hit a few bumps along the way (mostly educating myself on the panel programming) but have it all setup and working. I'm quite impressed with the setup and plugin capability and recently created events to text/email me when the Vista 20p is armed, disarmed, burglar & fire alarm triggers - the basics the monitoring company gets now. I've read a few posts of some who have more advanced setups and event triggers too, but I only found a couple.

Which brings me to my question - what does everyone else in the community find as a useful event/trigger that newbies like me might consider. I'm looking for additional events I might want emailed/texted to me, or maybe something more elaborate, like when my back door entry delay starts, the kitchen lights come on and a welcoming beer is auto-ejected from the fridge.

Thanks for the responses.

I use this a lot.

When set to Armed-Away/Maximum, pause all the Sonos, set the Ecobee to Away, turn off the interior lights, start BLOccupied for "random" lighting.

When set to disarmed or entry delay starts (panel message becomes "DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs"), stop BLOccupied, set default lighting, set the Ecobee to "resume program".

The sensors on the garage doors (human doors not car one) are used to turn on the garage lights when those doors are opened at nighttime. Really handy!

Comment

Here are the events I use. I've added a few of the scripts to help explain the events. I'm a hack don't use these as good coding examples.

I also interface with the alarm with my asp pages to check status, arm and disarm.
      -Rick

Comment

Here are the events I use. I've added a few of the scripts to help explain the events. I'm a hack don't use these as good coding examples.

I also interface with the alarm with my asp pages to check status, arm and disarm.
        Attached Files
        -Rick

Comment

This is a rather old thread, but speaks to the fun of Homeseer. Takes the input from the Vista PI checks Z-wave thermostat and external temp from weatherXML and then speaks.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159474

Chris

Comment

Many this is good stuff, thanks for sharing. It seems the alarm panel becomes the mechanism to trigger so many events as it's base monitoring of windows, doors, motion, etc could be the catalyst for many other downstream actions.

My mind is swirling with ideas...and please continue to reply with other thoughts.

Is it possible home automation could be an addiction???

Comment

Working...
            X