General IR Plug in Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General IR Plug in Advice

So, I am trying to figure out the best way to do this..
    I have several air conditioners that are in the wall, NOT central, not split system..
    They have IR Remotes, to do several things, Turn on/off, raise and lower temp, fan speed, BUT most importantly, they function as a remote temperature sensor...
    which is very much needed in some of my bigger rooms..
    I put the sensor at the far opposite end from the AC, and it makes sure, that the WHOLE room is the set temperature, NOT just the area IN FRONT of the AC LOL
    so, currently,, I just have a simple insteon module turning the AC on and off..
    Issue with that is, when the AC gets turned off, and back on, the "remote sensing" function needs to also be turned on from the remote..
    So the module turns on the AC< then when I remember IF I do, before I goto bed, I must press the remote sense button on the remote, and it will finish cooling the room..
    I want to automate this, BUT am not sure what to use or how to go about it..
    Obviously, I am not TIED to using the insteon module for on/off, if I can mimic the remote somehow I'm more then happy to use the IR for everything..
    I had tried this device
    Remotec Z-Wave ZXT-120 IR Extender for Air Conditioners
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and was unable to get it to work with my air conditioners.. that unit would BE PERFECT it even handles the remote temperature.. but it doesn't seem to control my AC's

Side note, I have HomeSeer HS3 Pro edition, running Insteon, and Z-Wave interfaces..
    Any help I would so very much appreciate

thanks
    Fred
    Last edited by thetaz01; August 16, 2017, 08:26 AM.
Working...
X