Remapping Buttons for Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remapping Buttons for Control?

Can I use the following Smart Lighting Dimmer https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-C...L-LA/205131590

and assign the Up and Down buttons to raise/lower my Bali blinds which are z-wave?

Also, could this:https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-C...-206610486-_-N

have each button remapped? Touch top button once, turn light on. Touch top button twice, turn light off. I'd like to use the bottom button to control an exhaust fan and use touch button once for on and touch button twice and turn off

Those switch will control a light, so if you use a switch it will also control the light, you should use a Pico to do what you want and it is also cheaper.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/Pico?NCNI-5

You can had in the hub without asking to a switch, so you can use it to control what ever you want.

If you buy a hub be sure to buy the pro model

Comment

I'm trying to replace the functionality of the Leviton VRCS2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is in the master bathroom and controls both the exhaust fan and the lights. The switch is dead and I can no longer add or remove it from Homeseer. So I'd be able to do this with the Lutron device? and also with blinds/kitchen lights?

Comment

Caseta don't have a dual load control switch, so if you want to control 2 load you will need 2 switch.

if you want to add more control you can use the pico with a Caseta Wireless Wallplate Bracket for Pico No cutting holes or wiring or wall box required.

with a Pico you can control the z-wave and other HS device with the events.

hope this can help

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
          Caseta don't have a dual load control switch, so if you want to control 2 load you will need 2 switch.

if you want to add more control you can use the pico with a Caseta Wireless Wallplate Bracket for Pico No cutting holes or wiring or wall box required.

with a Pico you can control the z-wave and other HS device with the events.

hope this can help
          DonMor,

Is there an easy way to program the pico buttons for dimming? Up/Down brightness?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
            DonMor,

Is there an easy way to program the pico buttons for dimming? Up/Down brightness?
            Can you give more details, what kind of device you want to dim? What model of pico your are talking?

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
              Can you give more details, what kind of device you want to dim? What model of pico your are talking?
              Pico is a standard 3 button. I can't remember model. on/off/favorite and dim controls.

I want to use the pico to control a LIFX bulb.

On/Off events are easy.

Is there an easier way to setup events/controls for the dimming? It looks like the Pico is used basically like a scene controller through HS3 events. Which means each press of the dim up/down is a action. That's a lot of setup just to dim/up down I was hoping you knew of a trick or using EasyTrigger or something to setup this function of the Pico.

Comment

Yes, you can do this. You can query the state of any Caseta switch or remote, and create an action on this. For instance, I map on an actual dimmer switch on the off position, the off of all lights in the room. But ON is only the one light it electrical controls. I also use remote switch to activate scenes for Scenemaster, and use the Raise/Lower on the remote to change colors on the Hue.Think about it this way, each switch can receive commands, reports buttons pressed/released, and actual state. Each remote reports buttons pressed/released. If you telnet into the Pro bridge (you need the Pro) you can see these commands.

Comment

Yes all of those things are possible. I'm looking to see if this is built in already of doing incremental stepping (up/down) via the Pico remotes for any use scenario. Could be for lights or it could be for volume.

In the standard "control" aspects there's single press, multi press, press hold, press-hold-release. I'm looking to see if the press-hold-increment has already been implemented and at what increment level (step).

Comment

I tried this by recalling the same event over and over again. I ended up just stepping up (or down) each time Raise (or Lower) is pressed. Take a look at Scenemaster, it looks like you can also do some fading with it that may work for stuff like volume of Hue.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrunner View Post
                      I tried this by recalling the same event over and over again. I ended up just stepping up (or down) each time Raise (or Lower) is pressed. Take a look at Scenemaster, it looks like you can also do some fading with it that may work for stuff like volume of Hue.
                      sbrunner I appreciate the info on looking at Scenemaster. However I was looking to see if this plugin that I have paid for had the "feature" or if it really is necessary to use/pay for another plugin for a feature that should exist if at all possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X