Is Rachio+Homeseer Reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Rachio+Homeseer Reliable?

I am about to pull the trigger on a Rachio setup but am a little concerned about reliability/stability. I see a lot of positive reviews on these devices at amazon but the one thread here seems to indicate that there are/were stability issues with software updates at Rachio.
    Last edited by hucker233; June 1, 2018, 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

The way Rachio rolled out the last update was the issue. They didn't notify anyone of the change which broke many 3rd party applications using their API service. They also enabled API throttling without prior notification. I have updated the Rachio plug-in to work with their new API. There were a few feature take-aways and the weather related condition is still wrong, but Rachio is working on it. At this point, the HomeSeer plug-in is fully functional.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      At this point, the HomeSeer plug-in is fully functional.
      I would have to disagree, and I think you will find a few others are having problems too: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=194290&page=3

There are issues with zone controls, like not being able to turn a zone off from the zone control device. Last watered device always shows 0 days ago.

I have disabled the plugin and delete device and recreated them a few times but always seem to have these issues.

No disrespect but I think Ultra has had a hard time with this plugin as Rachio seem to be changing the API making this a moving target.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
        I would have to disagree, and I think you will find a few others are having problems too: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=194290&page=3

There are issues with zone controls, like not being able to turn a zone off from the zone control device. Last watered device always shows 0 days ago.

I have disabled the plugin and delete device and recreated them a few times but always seem to have these issues.

No disrespect but I think Ultra has had a hard time with this plugin as Rachio seem to be changing the API making this a moving target.
        You are correct. The zone off is NOT working anymore. I'll make a post on Rachio's forum and ask if the API associated with zone control off has changed.

Edit: https://community.rachio.com/t/zone-...zone-off/13037

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

So...to be extra sure I again stopped the plugin, deleted the devices, rebooted, turned on the plugin and recreated all devices:

1) the zone 'last ran' device is no longer there
          2) still can't stop a zone from the zone control, but can stop the zone using the 'watering state' device
          3) using the app or Rachio web UI does not update the plugin devices, despite waiting well beyond the 'update frequency' time set in the options. It seems the plugin is not reacting to zones being controlled by the app or UI.

For me this is semi functional. Being able to easily start and stop zones, knowing when they were last watered, when they are next due to run, putting the system on standby or delay is probably the most useful for HS integration. The soil type, slope, nozzle type etc. is not really that important for automation purposes.

I appreciate this has not been as easy as one would have liked.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It will be a few weeks for me to get my system plugged in and running and I'll check back then.

Comment

I updated the plug-in to resolve the zone off by issuing a controller stopWater as suggested by Rachio.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
              X