Google Play Music Stops after TTS fires from plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Play Music Stops after TTS fires from plugin

Unfortunately no. When the plugin sends TTS to a chromecast it launch a specific app on the chromecast, and there is no easy way to return to the "Google play music" app that was previously running.

I may add an option to prevent the TTS to be played on the chromecast if something else is already playing, but I guess this would not be exactly what you want.

Comment

Comment

Had to quit using Chromecast plugin

We listen to music often using Google Play.

Having a playlist interrupted by a HomeSeer TTS was happening too frequently.

For this reason, unfortunately we had to disable this plugin.

Comment

I will add an option to prevent the TTS to be played if the chromecast is already in use.

In the meantime, if you want to use the non-TTS feature of the plugin, you can just disable TTS from the config page.

Comment

Thank you

That would be fantastic !

Comment

Any update on this feature? I have not used your product since June 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                I will add an option to prevent the TTS to be played if the chromecast is already in use.

In the meantime, if you want to use the non-TTS feature of the plugin, you can just disable TTS from the config page.
                +1 on the option.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber_Boot View Post
                  Any update on this feature? I have not used your product since June 2018.
                  I have implemented this feature in version 3.0.0.23 available in the Beta section of the updater.

In the config page there is now a new option called: "Prevent TTS when Chromecast is playing"

Comment

Can this option be changed so it is on a per-Chromecast basis? There are some devices that I don't mind interrupting, while others I would like to leave un-interrupted by TTS.

Comment

Using 3.0.0.29 and TTS still interrupts music. Is there something I'm missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chromecastconfig.png
Views:	140
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1269054

Comment

Originally posted by Panamon View Post
                        Using 3.0.0.29 and TTS still interrupts music. Is there something I'm missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chromecastconfig.png
Views:	140
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1269054
                        What kind of service do you use to play music?
                        When you play music, does the media status device of your chromecast says "Playing" ?

Comment

At least in my case, I found that if I had a single Google Home playing music but that GH was a member of the group I use for TTS, it would interrupt the one GH that was playing music. I suspect the only information Spud has access to is whether or not an individual device (or the virtual "group" device) is playing something - the same info you can see in the plugin devices yourself. If the "group" device isn't playing something, it looks like it has the "all clear" to make an announcement, so it does.

What would really be necessary is to have some kind of priority option on requests to GH, but that's a protocol thing that Google would have to implement...

And I really only want to use a group, since I want them to be synchronized and not a cacophony of announcements that all slightly overlap one another, so I've got to remove a couple from my group. jvm , you should be able to use this to your advantage by putting everything you want to be interruptable in a group that you only use for HS TTS, and it will always interrupt them, and then leave the others individually enabled for TTS, and it won't interrupt them (that is, if all my other assumptions are correct and the you're using those as individual devices).

Comment

shill. What you've described was basically my solution - i.e., I made a Google Group of the "lower quality" speaker devices like Google Hub Minis which I then use for announcements but not for Music, and the "better" sounding devices are in a separate group which I use for music but not announcements.
                            Since the devices are in non-overlapping groups,
                            this also has the practical benefit of allowing allows me to check and adjust the volume of the announcements without affecting the music volume and vice-versa. I assume this would also let me write events in which I check if the music group is playing and pause that while announcing something and then un-pausing the music group after the announcement finishes (though I haven't tested this yet).

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                              At least in my case, I found that if I had a single Google Home playing music but that GH was a member of the group I use for TTS, it would interrupt the one GH that was playing music. I suspect the only information Spud has access to is whether or not an individual device (or the virtual "group" device) is playing something - the same info you can see in the plugin devices yourself. If the "group" device isn't playing something, it looks like it has the "all clear" to make an announcement, so it does.
                              Yes that is exactly that, the plugin doesn't know what chromecasts are included in a group, so it can't check each one individually.

Comment

Working...
                              X