No announcement yet.

Unable to connect to HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to Z-Wave 3.0.1.212 and it is working for me.

Comment

I got the same problem. Using HS3 .435 and Z-wave plugin .210

Comment

same thing

same thing, zseer can't find the system, tried on the server and another computer, can't find the server, tried the current and beta zwave drivers... everything else works ok, i.e. zwave devices.

With all these issues, with so many people we all have to open support tickets?

sheesh

Comment

I got a solution from HS support and it worked for me. Copy the Z-seer.exe file to the HS3-root folder.

Comment

Does the Z-Seer+ Tool utilize a non-standard Port? I recently moved my HS3 Pro installation to a machine running Windows Server Essentials 2016, and after the move, I discovered that I need to make some firewall settings changes in order to use some of the tools (HSTouch, etc.).

I can run Z-Seer+ on the machine that has HS3 installed, but when I attempt to run on another computer (on same network), I repeatedly receive cannot connect error, even when I enter in the IP address...

Thanks,

Comment

Port 10400. So on the machine running HS3, you need to create a rule allowing incoming port 10400.

Comment

Thanks zwolfpack!!!! That fixed my problem!

Comment

I'm experiencing this error and I've attempted every solution from updating the Z Wave plugin, .NET framework, firewall rules, etc to no avail. I'm running HS3 on a Ubuntu 16.04 Server and I've seen that ZSeer+ cannot talk to HS3 on a Linux box. Is this (still) true? Out of curiosity, is there a solution to the RPi version of HS3 or does that not have an issue itself? I post as a last resort...

Comment

I am having this issue as well,... unable to connect to HS4. I did try opening port 10400 with no luck.

Z-Seer+ V3.0.0.40 on Win 11.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm also having the same problem. It works when I shutdown the Microsoft windows 11 firewall (private connections). Put a ticket into HS support but was told no one else is having the problem. Still working with HS support.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        I'm also having the same problem. It works when I shutdown the Microsoft windows 11 firewall (private connections). Put a ticket into HS support but was told no one else is having the problem. Still working with HS support.
                        If it works when you shutdown the Windows firewall, I'd recommend you use nmap to check for open port 10400. It sounds like the firewall might not be handling the exception list correctly. I've run into problems in the past where it thought my home network was a public network, however, that was with Windows 10.
                        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

The only port open for HS4service was tcp port 80. I took you suggestion and opened tcp port 10400 just for the private windows 10 network and now it's working fine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X