Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I repeat TTS announcements on demand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    mike I get log entries for my sonos, however, on my system I get multiple entries for the same announcement
    Would you show an example from your HS log?
    Jon

Comment

I checked, I do not get any log entries. I can see the event being triggered in the log, but no action after after.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Would you show an example from your HS log?

I have had it go as many as three listings in the log, but the voice output is always as it should be.

Jul-22 12:48:35 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 12:48 PM
        Jul-22 12:48:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Kinect whats the time"

Comment

I have had it go as many as three listings in the log, but the voice output is always as it should be.

Jul-22 12:48:35 PM Event Event Trigger "Kinect whats the time"
          You have double entries, but the first is the Event trigger log entry. I posted this in the Sonos thread:

I never see TTS entries and we have 10-20 announcements per day. I did some testing yesterday and Friday to see if I could get logging. Twice (both times just after restarting HS) I did get a couple of log entries.

My log stores 14 days and these four are the only entries in two weeks. The first two on Friday were from a test event that I triggered twice. The test event TTS was sent to all clients and was intercepted by the Sonos proxy and played properly. Despite the fact that I ran the test events quite a few times Friday, it only logged the first two within about 10 minutes or so of restarting. On Saturday, it was much the same, 20 minutes after restarting. The first was my test event, the second was a normal event driven announcement sent straight to the Sonos "Announce" linkgroup. This shows that the Sonos plug-in is logged - when it is working.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            You have double entries, but the first is the Event trigger log entry. I posted this in the Sonos thread:

I never see TTS entries and we have 10-20 announcements per day. I did some testing yesterday and Friday to see if I could get logging. Twice (both times just after restarting HS) I did get a couple of log entries.

My log stores 14 days and these four are the only entries in two weeks. The first two on Friday were from a test event that I triggered twice. The test event TTS was sent to all clients and was intercepted by the Sonos proxy and played properly. Despite the fact that I ran the test events quite a few times Friday, it only logged the first two within about 10 minutes or so of restarting. On Saturday, it was much the same, 20 minutes after restarting. The first was my test event, the second was a normal event driven announcement sent straight to the Sonos "Announce" linkgroup. This shows that the Sonos plug-in is logged - when it is working.

Randy it is not just sonos...I get the same thing when I send voice to a tablet (2 or 3 log entries). I'm not sure what version of hs3 this started in but I remember seeing the double log entries some time ago, I have some older versions of hs3 backups, I will do a little looking back, to see if I can find a version log without double log entries.

Comment

This makes no sense. Do either of you use BLSpeech?
              Jon

Comment

Randy it is not just sonos...I get the same thing when I send voice to a tablet (2 or 3 log entries). I'm not sure what version of hs3 this started in but I remember seeing the double log entries some time ago, I have some older versions of hs3 backups, I will do a little looking back, to see if I can find a version log without double log entries.
                It is clear there is something amiss with the TTS logging since both of us are seeing completely different anomalous behavior.

Comment

I don't. The only additional proxy I run is the Sonos plug-in. I do not run the HS speaker client. My announcements are currently all sent to one of two Sonos Linkgroups. One is addressed specifically and the second is only an intercept for TTS to all clients.

I have tested with the Sonos plug-in disabled, with the HS Speaker client running, to Android tablets and to all clients. I have tried practically all combinations.

Comment

I dont either. But i was looking through the plugins today and had a look at it. Not sure it would do what i wanted your plugin for. I might have a look next weekend. Also waiting to hear back from the Sonos PI developer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                      I dont either. But i was looking through the plugins today and had a look at it. Not sure it would do what i wanted your plugin for. I might have a look next weekend. Also waiting to hear back from the Sonos PI developer.
                      Something you might try - If I add a phony (non-existent) client entry to the speaker client list (it shows $SONOS$LVR$:*,PHONY:*), the latter shows in the log.

Code:
                      [COLOR=#000000]Jul-22 14:08:19[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]TTS[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Speak: (PHONY:*):2:08 PM. This is a test. This is only a test. Panic is not necessary but is highly advised.[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#000000]Jul-22 14:08:18[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event Trigger "Sandbox Speaker - LVR"[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#000000]Jul-22 14:08:18[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event Sandbox Speaker - LVR triggered by the event page 'Run' button.[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Jul-22 14:06:47[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Event Trigger "Sandbox Speaker - LVR"[/COLOR]

Comment

I don't use blspeech...I only have sonos and the hs3 speech, that is it.

I just figured out why I have double entries...kodi is the reason why. I disabled the plugin and tried a voice command and only one entry like it should be. but kodi will not let me deselect to use kodi as a proxy for some reason. maybe I can edit the ini
                        Last edited by wadesready; July 22, 2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

The only reason I asked is that BLSpeech uses the HS Speech Proxy and wondered if that could be causing any issues. The fact that some users see Sonos TTS in the log and others don't is also puzzling.
                          Jon

Comment

The only reason I asked is that BLSpeech uses the HS Speech Proxy and wondered if that could be causing any issues. The fact that some users see Sonos TTS in the log and others don't is also puzzling.
                            It is very strange indeed. I had a search in my logs for anything Sonos related. Nothing. Its only 6 days worth, but I have about 10 Sonos announcements per day....

Comment

I do have one problem I think Jon, if I send voice to just $sonos$all$:*, not only does it record in $sonos$all$:*, but also in my tablets...android:amazon, and android:android.

should not the script only record the text in the sonos virtual device and not in the android virtual devices?

Comment

It is very strange indeed. I had a search in my logs for anything Sonos related. Nothing. Its only 6 days worth, but I have about 10 Sonos announcements per day....

what version of sonos are you running mike? I have the beta .22

Comment

Working...
                                X