Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utility Proviced "Energy Bridge" ... How to get info into Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utility Proviced "Energy Bridge" ... How to get info into Homeseer?

Hello all..

I'm an American Electric Power (AEP) customer.
    They recently installed a smart meter.
    And they provided an "energy bridge".

The bridge tied into my home wifi netork, and "Binded" to the smart meter.

There is a web app that allows me to monitor real time consumption.

Apparently, there is also the ability to use the bridge as a primary ZWAVE controller and have it control zwave devices based on rules you program through APP.

I use homeseer instead

The bridge manufacturer is "Powerley".
    The company website is www.powerley.com

i've searched online
    I found a manual for the bridge here: Manual

But... i can't find any information on API's... (Wifi or zwave or anything).

Any ideas of where i could find info... or how i might get the usage info into homeseer?

Thanks in advance
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Based on info i found here:
    https://community.home-assistant.io/...-issue/18989/3

I found that if i use the Brigde IP address in

http://IP_ADDRESS:8888/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand

it reports back the current demand in KW.

I wish i could get cumulative hour or daily usage.. but can't find much documetation.

At the very least i should be able to get instantaneous into Homeseer (updated through an script/event every 5 minutes or so?)
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I have the DTE Energy Bridge. I checked the output of /zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand and it matches what my Brultech GreenEye is reporting. I'll wrap this up into a plug-in that reports data into the HomeSeer energy database and provide it to you for free in exchange for the idea

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have Puget Power in Seattle area...and they just upgraded me to a smart meter.... Wonder if they have a bridge? Anyone familiar with this one?

https://pse.com/inyourcommunity/mete...ter_Basics.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I have the DTE Energy Bridge. I checked the output of /zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand and it matches what my Brultech GreenEye is reporting. I'll wrap this up into a plug-in that reports data into the HomeSeer energy database and provide it to you for free in exchange for the idea

Regards,

Ultrajones

Wow! ,that would be great... let me know if you need any testing.
          Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

All,

For the short term, i set up a virtual device, and use Jon00 Chart Utility to graph.

I load the virt device with the following ("quick and dirty") script

Code:
            Imports System.Net

Function Main(parm as object)
              dim result as String
              dim val as double
              dim SArray as String()
              result=hs.GetURL("http://192.168.1.130","/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand",TRUE,8888)

' hs.writelog("getPower",result)

hs.SetDeviceStringByName("Power", result, True)

SArray = result.split(" ")
               double.tryparse(Sarray(0),val)

'hs.writelog("getPower",val)

hs.SetDeviceValueByName("Power", val)

End Function
            Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

This has been working for me for a few weeks here in Columbus, Ohio with and AEP Energy Bridge. Today around 4pm it stopped working. When I call the endpoint manually (http://192.168.0.xx:8888/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand) I get this error:

{“code”:“ResourceNotFound”,“message”:"/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand does not exist"}

Wondering if any other Energy Bridge users are having this problem? I wonder if they deployed an update that turned off this endpoint.

Comment

Mine quit working on Jan 13th.

AEP must have pushed a firmware update..

I’ll do some research and post back here... if anyone figures it out... I would ask that they do same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I'm using DTE Energy, not AEP, and mine quit working on January 12 around 7:00pm. This was the "v2" hardware, which used to support the :8888/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand endpoint. Now, though, I get the same error as Ben Diss: {“code”:“ResourceNotFound”,“message”:"/zigbee/se/instantaneousdemand does not exist"}

I have poked around a little bit on the device but have not been able to find a new URL for this or any other useful endpoint. :/

Comment

Just chiming in. I got an EnergyBridge from AEP and have been using their first party app, and realized I could try to monitor this from my own setup. I found this thread and was pretty excited until, I ran into the same issue (instantaneousdemand does not exist).

I wonder ArbWare, how did you find the instantaneousdemand page in the first place? I tried looking but was unsuccessful at finding a quick utility to search for all subdirectories/webpages.

Comment

I noticed that TCP ports 22, 2883, 5355, 8081 are also open. None of them respond to anything in a web browser, either at root or with that directory. It does respond to SSH (putty) on port 22, but I haven't the faintest clue on the credentials.

Comment

Working...
                      X