Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion

Bob,

First of all: I've been a loyal user of BLrfid since you first put it out. I am very happy with it, and our family is actually pretty dependent upon it.

However, I do have a suggestion for an improvement. I'm not certain how difficult it would be though, so I'm not going to push too hard.

In my configuration, I have a total of 9 transmitters and one receiver. The transmitters are three per car (three cars), with one 40M and 2 8M per car.

I have the plug-in configured to log only the stuff that doesn't match one of the tags, and this is where the suggestion comes in: I often see a legit tag from one of the transmitters simply split in two on the log. That is, say I have a tag that is 2XYZ. I often see two logs lines that are logged the same second, where the first says the unrecognized tag was "2X" and the next one says it is "YZ". The real problem is when things get out of sync like this for longer than a few transmissions. Lots of stuff gets logged, and eventually it is possible that the plug-in sees the tag as no longer present.

It seems like if you kept any unmatched string for a few milliseconds (or maybe until the next data, and check the time span first), you could pretty quickly re-sync the stream and not see this info as unmatched any longer.

Does that make sense?

Steve

Can you log a help desk ticket for this on my site and include the above text as the ticket info?
    Thx
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Will do Bob. I wasn't sure if you had shifted that kind of thing here to this board, but I'm very familiar with your system on your board.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X