Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated HomeSeer Store Lighting Matrix? Rockers? UPB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated HomeSeer Store Lighting Matrix? Rockers? UPB?

The lighting matrix for the light switches is way out of date; it doesn't list the GE/Jasco items and does have the Intermatics that the store doesn't have anymore. Feh.

I've moved, and need to put in a LOT of light switches. And no, the crap-a$$ screwed-up "you will buy our excrement and like it" approach of Leviton and Cooper in perverting the paddle into a toggle (and, even worse for Leviton, only using the bottom) just won't work. Not in keeping with an expensive house. (Or have they finally, several years later, fixed that?)

Of the current switches, which ones are real rockers? Can any of the 3-ways wire onto the current 3-way wiring easily? Which are reliable?

Or should I possibly consider UPB or Insteon this time around?

Interesting...
    From the dimming lighting page, press the Red button for the out-of-date comparison. The text on top takes you to a current list. Time for a page clean-up!

And that page tells me that there is no decent Z-Wave switch currently, since I want...
    • Real paddle operation
    • 3-way capability
    • Ability to link them together (called "control other" on the matrix.)

Is Z-Wave failing to mature as a technology? What is the current technology-of-choice?

Comment

Please put in a help desk ticket on this an I'll assign it to Mark to fix this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My personal opinion is go UPB for lighting. True rockers, you can do 3ways any number of ways and mine haven't missed a beat in years beyond a keypad that my nephew zapped with static electricity. Ouch, D*** little kids.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          My personal opinion is go UPB for lighting. True rockers, you can do 3ways any number of ways and mine haven't missed a beat in years beyond a keypad that my nephew zapped with static electricity. Ouch, D*** little kids.
          +1 for upb
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

What's the best (price, selection) place to find UPB switches/controllers? Thanks

Comment

you can usually get a good "starter pack" from simply automated or automated outlet. additionally, you can get good deals at http://www.webmtn.com/products/upbproducts.php

Ian.
              Plugins:
              BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

All I can say for sure is to search around a bit before you press that buy button. Prices can be all over the place depending on who is having a special this month. I don't have a real preference for one over the other unless they are to be installed in the same switch-box.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                X