Cannot optimize distant nodes that I can still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot optimize distant nodes that I can still

Using HS3. I've got a Kwikset lock and a Repeater (which supports beaming) in my garage (out back). I also have a repeater at the back of the house, as close to the garage as I could get it. With HS2 I used to be able to optimize and talk to both devices.

Since moving to HS3 I've realized I no longer can properly talk to the devices. I was able to properly import both into HS3 via my Z-troller (still attached to the HS3 server) so I know the distance is not insurmountable. If I "Test Connectivity" to the repeater, it works. I Optimize, it fails. The deadbolt I can neither test connectivity on nor optimize. I'm assuming I need to get the repeater running smoothly before I'm gonna get the deadbolt.

Any suggestions on things to try?

Hi Paul,

Which version of the z-wave plugin are you using? Perhaps try a newer one if you're not on one of the latest. You may want to move the repeater a bit closer first, then full optimize and then move it back and full optimize again. You also may need to add some other devices in between.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You may have to roll back the plugin if your around .175. Somewhere after about .164 or so I guess the locks seem not to work correctly. Well maybe for some they do.

Comment

I"m apparently at 3.0.150. So the question is, based on what everyone is saying, do I stay at the version I'm at, or do I go to .175? I'll try bringing the repeater closer to optimize and then move it back out. I can't put any other devices in between, it's green grass in between the one at the back of the house and the garage. That being said, it's a postage stamp sized yard, so I'm not convinced it's needed....

Paul

Comment

I dont think the repeater is needed necessarily. I am guessing it may be a software issue. You can try other versions of the plug in and roll back if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X