Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Spoken Audio As A HTD Lync 12 Audio Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Spoken Audio As A HTD Lync 12 Audio Source?

I was wondering if you could answer this question. I am considering purchasing an entire Lync 12 system. I will have 10 Zones. I plan to take the PC Audio Output of the HomeSeer Speaker Client and make it an input into the Lync 12 system.

Here is what I want to do. When HomeSeer is going to speak, I want it to switch all zones quickly to the HomeSeer Audio Source on the Lync 12, then Have HomeSeer speak, then switch every zone switch back to where it was before the spoken audio.

What is the best way to accomplish this? How quickly can HomeSeer command the Lync 12 system to switch all zones (Does it have to do the zones one by one?). In other words will this work without taking a long time just to switch source inputs on the 10 zones so that HomeSeer can Speak.

Thanks for the feedback on this!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Any response to this?
    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

There currently isn't a means of saving inputs and restoring them. This has been on my todo list for some time, but demand for this plug-in and this feature is minimal.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraJones, can the UltraHTDAudio3 plugin communicate with the Lync12 via the HTD "GW-SL1 Smart Gateway"? This is the interface that connects to the serial port on the Lync12 and I believe it is just and IP to Serial converter (not sure).
        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
          UltraJones, can the UltraHTDAudio3 plugin communicate with the Lync12 via the HTD "GW-SL1 Smart Gateway"? This is the interface that connects to the serial port on the Lync12 and I believe it is just and IP to Serial converter (not sure).
          Yes, absolutely. It's what I use.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X