This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 0.93

I just sent the latest version(0.93) to Rick so keep an eye out for it in the updater.

This release adds the ability to map zones 64-192.

Gordon, this release was built against 5.8.2 build 808, so you should be functional again. Let me know.

-Nitrox

Nitrox -

Firstly, thank you very much for your efforts in developing and maintaining this plug-in. It's one of the main reasons I bought Homeseer

Support for >64 zones in this version is great, my NX-8E will have 90+ zones when it is installed.

Couple of questions..

1. While trying to pin down the cause of #2 below, I removed the plug-in, deleted the devices and attempted to re-install. I could not find the text entry boxes for the Trip, Alarm status and Chime Status mappings. If I just define the zone mappings, Create the devices and click Save, a dialog pops up telling me I need to define the mappings for those 3 items. I was able to get it going but using the .ini file from the 0.92 incarnation.

2. Occasionally, Homeseer stops seeing zone state changes. The Trip, Alarm Status and Chime Status will still update but the zone virtual devices won't. I can make Homeseer respond to zone state changes by going to View->Options->Interfaces->Caddx Plug-In->Setup and just click Cancel or Save (without making any changes). The dialog pops up telling me to "restart Homeseer for the changes to take effect". I don't even have to restart, just cancel back out to the device status screen and the zones start updating again.
    I have not been able to recreate this at will but it seems that the zone's stop updating in Homeseer after I add/delete other devices or events. Only zone state changes stop updating, the Trip and Chime status continue to update; say if I trip a smoke detector or toggle the chime from the keypad. But the zone for the smoke detector won't change. Have you seen this happen?

I have had this happen with:
    Homeseer 1.6.182 with Caddx plug-in 0.91, 0.92 and 0.93, and
    Homeseer 1.6.186 with Caddx plug-in 0.93

Comment

Go Faster, thanks for pointing out the missing Chime, Trip, and Alarm Status entry boxes. I'll get a version out today to take care of that.

I'll also try and recreate the 'zones not updating' issue here. With your description, my first thought was that the .exe could be losing it's COM connection to HomeSeer, but since the Trip and chime still update that shows communication is taking place.

The devices that you are adding/deleting when this happens, are they real or virtuals?

I also just noticed this thread with folks having issues with quick changing devices. I'm curious if these are related.

-Nitrox

[This message was edited by Nitrox on Sun, 08 February 2004 at 08:50 AM.]

Comment

Dave,

I found out that there may be a firmware fix for the open zone issue for bypassed zones when armed in stay mode.

I'm trying to track down the details and will let you know what I find out.

Comment

MediaStorm, is it all bypassed zones that give you problems or only those that are defined in the panel as "followers"?

-Nitrox

Comment

I'll have to fire up DL900 and take a look. I can't remember how those zones are configured exactly.

I found out about the firmware issue due to a similar problem with Premise SYS that was solved with a later firmware.

My biggest problem thus far is trying to find a way to get the firmware update. It's a processor change and not simply a reflash so I've got to find an outlet to obtain an update before I can check.

Interlogix is not the most friendly bunch when it comes to us developer types and they throw us in the same category as DIY users and refer you to a local dealer.

Makes it damn hard for developers to stay in the loop with firmware revisions and programming challenges for the Networx products though.

Maybe Gordon may have some insight or suggestions on how a developer could obtain a current firmware update for use in development and testing.

It's good for all involved and helps increase sales.

Comment

This is more of a Caddx question than a HomeSeer one. How do you configure a zone to just indicate faulted or not? A few of my zones I just use for monitoring and I to just check if a door is open or closed. And also I want to arm/disarm with those zones faulted or not.
              Thanks

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Everson:
                This is more of a Caddx question than a HomeSeer one. How do you configure a zone to just indicate faulted or not? A few of my zones I just use for monitoring and I to just check if a door is open or closed. And also I want to arm/disarm with those zones faulted or not.
                Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Dave, I think what you're looking for is Zone type 5, "Interior Follower with Auto-Bypass Enabled" and then also set the Auto Bypass option in the panel programming.

-Nitrox

Comment

Working...
                X