This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTOUCH devices can no longer be controlled from client

I know that HS2 and the associated HSTOUCH server are no longer supported, but I am not ready to make the leap to HS3 yet until I have had a chance to test it with all of the many devices I have.

Recently HSTOUCH can no longer control most devices. Any of the ZWAVE switches (ON/OFF) or receptacles simply do not respond to the button commands from HSTOUCH. I have tried it on 4 different Android devices with no luck. The buttons simply press, but the screen on the Android app just shows the button push animation, but no action is taken. I can control the devices from the DEVICES web page. I have turned on detailed logging for HSTOUCH, but I don't really see any additional information. Interestingly EVENTS do work from HSTOUCH client and I can control devices that way if an event is setup for it. I am also able to control my DSC alarm through events.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be the issue or can you provide troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,

PJN

I have no idea if my experience is related, but I recently saw something similar with an X10 controlled lamp. The HSTouch buttons that were set to control the device no longer had any effect.

To get the buttons working again I changed the button action from 'control a device' to 'trigger an event'. In my case I already had events to do what I wanted, and I only had a few buttons to change, so it was not a big deal.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I have no idea if my experience is related, but I recently saw something similar with an X10 controlled lamp. The HSTouch buttons that were set to control the device no longer had any effect.

To get the buttons working again I changed the button action from 'control a device' to 'trigger an event'. In my case I already had events to do what I wanted, and I only had a few buttons to change, so it was not a big deal.
      Thanks for the reply Mike. I am using the out-of-box HSTOUCH project with no customizations. I am hoping someone will know what the issue is, but I am not holding my breath.

The HS2 to HS3 migration is looking like more of a reality for me and I am dreading going through the reconfiguration all over. I have read so many horror stories about that process.

-Paul

Comment

I can confirm i have the same issues.. The latest Android client has broken HS2 control somehow... I rolled back to the previous version and everything works. Maybe they are forcing us to migrate to HS3 :-(

Comment

Thanks for the info Vicom. Is rolling back just a matter of uninstalling the current version?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pohoda View Post
            Thanks for the info Vicom. Is rolling back just a matter of uninstalling the current version?

You will have to reinstall the previous version . I was lucky i had a backup of my previous version from Titanium Backup

Comment

Great. I doubt I will have the same luck. Any chance you might have the .apk file so I can side load?

Comment

here you go
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much Vicom. That worked and I am back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by vicom View Post
                    here you go
                    Thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks for providing this. Note that they now also mention it on Google Play (maybe a HS2 version on Play would be better to make it easier for us oldies sticking with HS2):
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meseer.hstouch
                      http://homeseer.com/updates3/hstouch...se_1.0.117.apk

Regards,

Nika.

Comment

Working...
                      X