Control keeps stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control keeps stopping

My hometroller sel pro keeps stopping controlling out for no reason. Than I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Than I unplug the zstick and plug it back in. Than it comes back. Anone having this problem?

Any errors in the HS log when this happens?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Trying to track down the OP's problem with logs isn't possible because whenever you turn off a SEL (or Zee S2), you lose the logs. I kind of think it is a design oversight to not foresee such circumstances. I understand there might be memory limitations with the Zee, but on the SEL? IMO there should be a setting to enable the logs to be retained on a reboot or irregular shutdown for troubleshooting purposes. By all means turn the setting off by default.

I give this opinion based on my recent experience in trying to track down a lock out problem on my SEL. After working flawlessly for a couple of weeks, the SEL would randomly go offline. Couldn't get back in. The only way to get it back up was to turn the power off and back on. And of course I'd lose the logs, so no way to know whether the problem was in the SEL. Anyway, in this case it turned out it had nothing to do with the SEL, but in fact a problem with my router running out of memory and losing it's port forwards. This wasn't difficult to track down as there were lots of other clues, and it is not the same problem as the OP is describing, but I just mention this to sympathize with the OP in trying to track down the problem without the help of logs.

My 2 cents worth

Comment

Working...
      X