Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatability with Cree LR4E-15 and Halo H1499t lights

Hello,

I have some old Lutron MLV dimmers I would like to replace with Homeseer dimmers and I'm trying to figure out if the HS-WD-100+ dimmers will work for me.

I have 8 Cree LR4E-15 lights all on the same circuit. Cree says that it's lights are compatible with incandescent dimmers but does not explicitly state what type of transformer they use.

The Halo H1499t lights explicitly list magnetic transformers. I accidentally replaced a HS-WD-100+ dimmer that powers 3 Halo lights before I learned about MLV dimmers. There is no sound or flicker but I'm afraid to leave the lights on in case the transformers overheat.

Does anyone have experience with these lights? Am I being too cautious by not replacing all my existing dimmers? My Halo lights currently have halogen bulbs. I'm curious if replacing them with LED bulbs (that only draw power in one direction) would be safer.

Thanks!

D.

We have done a number of installs with these type of switches and switching to cree always seems to make them work really well. Unfortunately I don't know about those exact bulbs you are using.

Comment

Working...
    X