Replacing a Z-Troller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a Z-Troller

My brother has received a replacement Z-Troller (the display on the first one, which is about 18 months old, stopped working). With the old one I was able to walk him through adding nodes and such, and he now has (I think) 5-6 nodes installed.

Since I've never replaced a Z-Troller, I want to check and see what I will be walking him through this time. If he just fires up the new one and goes around adding the nodes, then plugs it into HS and does an "Import", will that work? What happens to the Z-Troller devices that the were already in HS? Should he delete all those devices before plugging in the new Z-Troller?

Steve

Z-Wave network information is always stored in the controller; in this case, the Z-Troller. If your brother did a network 'backup' with his old Z-Troller, all you'd need to do is install the new unit and do a network 'restore'. If he didn't do that, you'll need to start over again, add all the devices to the new Z-Troller, 'import' them into HomeSeer and then manually associate the new nodes with the old devices (or just delete the old nodes from the status page and redo all his events.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wow - That's easy. I guess I never noticed the Backup and Restore. I should probably do a backup on my system. Thanks Mark.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X