Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error "Your HS3 system must be updated to v239... (Currently on 313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error "Your HS3 system must be updated to v239... (Currently on 313)

Using Alexa tonight (as I usually do)...

I received an error "Your HS3 system must be updated to version 239 or later in order to use this feature of your echo" when asking Alexa to run an event. (Same event I run every evening around this time)

I've been on 313 since it was released and it worked last night just fine... So did 312.

I'm guessing something broke in either Amazon-Land or on the HS side.

I tried to login to MyHS Remote and it appears to be inaccessible. I tried to review my order history in the store to see if I needed to renew and it shows no orders.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Same here - on 297

I got the same response tonight from all my echos and HSTouch can't see my system through myHS either. I suspect the problem is at myHS because I see my system is showing offline, yet everything is functioning normally with regard to internet connectivity in and out and no changes have been made to the HS3 system. I did restart HS3 just to see if that was it, but no improvement. Maybe wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
      I got the same response tonight from all my echos and HSTouch can't see my system through myHS either. I suspect the problem is at myHS because I see my system is showing offline, yet everything is functioning normally with regard to internet connectivity in and out and no changes have been made to the HS3 system. I did restart HS3 just to see if that was it, but no improvement. Maybe wait it out.
      Looks like MyHS has its knickers in a twist, which is affecting the Echo integration as well. Guess HST will get this fixed ASAP once they've had their coffee.

Alex

Comment

A restart of HS3 should resolve this.

Let me know if you still have issues after a reboot.
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          A restart of HS3 should resolve this.

Let me know if you still have issues after a reboot.
          Works again, no restart necessary. Stopped working last night all by itself and came back to life all by itself as well.

Cheers,
          Alex

Comment

I'm getting this too and have posted about it twice in the "MyHS Down" thread. Glad to see it's not just me, but would be gladder to see it wasn't an issue at all.
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
              I'm getting this too and have posted about it twice in the "MyHS Down" thread. Glad to see it's not just me, but would be gladder to see it wasn't an issue at all.
              Did the restart of HS solve this for you?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Solved it before but have not tried it this time as I was on my way to work. Having to restart HS should not be required. Ive had close to a year uptime before.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk
                John
                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Issue resolved by the time I got home from work, so a restart was not required to fix it. Both times that it has happened, I've seen reports of MyHS issues in the "MyHS Down" thread around the same time. Other than Alexa, I don't use MyHS very much unless I'm away for an extended period, so Alexa issues are pretty much my only indicator of MyHS issues.
                  John

Comment

Had an issue again this morning. I took a minute to troubleshoot.

The HS Smarthome skill "Alexa turn on the Living Room Floor Lamp" worked fine, however, the advanced HS skill "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on the Living Room Floor Lamp" returned the "...must be upgraded..." response.

Of note, I am using Jon00's Helper script, so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not.

I did not have time to look in my log, which when I checked earlier showed MyHS being down around 3am, but there were some "down again" posts around 530 am, with my failure, above at around 730 am.

I'm curious as to what the differences between the way the two skills access MyHS are and if this could help zero-in on the actual issue, especially since there does not always appear to be a global outage of MyHS - maybe different Amazon servers taking different routes to MyHS depending on where you are, when you access and load on various Amazon servers, etc. I'm also curious if HS's cloud-based stuff would be more reliable on AWS (unless it's already there) versus wherever it's hosted now.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
                      Of note, I am using Jon00's Helper script, so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not..
                      It is not a factor. It relies on the Homeseer skill to function.
                      Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X