Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[script] Airscape Whole House Fan Control

Airscape Whole House Fan Control

posted to Script Library... https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...40#post1315540
    Last edited by Ltek; July 15, 2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Posted info in Library

Thanks for this. I have an airscape fan as well and am pretty happy with it. I am working on an event/script that will send a pushover notification when the conditions are right to turn it on. If there are enough windows open it will let me turn the fan on via a link in the notification.

I am just keeping the fan speed status updated as a virtual device via Jon00's data scraper.

It is a shame that airscape did not think the API thru more though. It really should have had a way to just specify the speed you want the fan to run instead of calling "speed up/down" multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by 3IMOH View Post
      Thanks for this. I have an airscape fan as well and am pretty happy with it. I am working on an event/script that will send a pushover notification when the conditions are right to turn it on. If there are enough windows open it will let me turn the fan on via a link in the notification.

I am just keeping the fan speed status updated as a virtual device via Jon00's data scraper.

It is a shame that airscape did not think the API thru more though. It really should have had a way to just specify the speed you want the fan to run instead of calling "speed up/down" multiple times.
      I'm working on parsing the XML, directly, in the script I wrote... if you want to work on the Pushover portion, we can combine them to make an all-in-one control script.

My goals for the script:

Speed Control - Input a Specific Speed OR an up/down
      Update Virtual Devices for any parameter (frequency based on HS3 Event user creates)
      Notifications for any parameter
      Logging in HS3 log for any parameter

Comment

updated script in first post ... now reads stats and updates virtual devices.

Comment

Thanks for the update...will test it out soon. Not sure I could be of much value on the coding since I am just using events and the great plugin from mrhappy. He recently fixed an issue that now allows you to send a link in the alert to a JSON command.

The way I have it setup currently is once the outdoor temp gets a few degrees below the inside temp I get a pushover message that says something like:

It is going to be $$DVR:163:F tomorrow. It is $$DVR:113:F upstairs and $$DVR:165:F outside.

There are currently $$DVR:181: windows open.

turn on fan? <turn on fan JSON link>

Comment

Originally posted by 3IMOH View Post
            Thanks for the update...will test it out soon. Not sure I could be of much value on the coding since I am just using events and the great plugin from mrhappy. He recently fixed an issue that now allows you to send a link in the alert to a JSON command.

The way I have it setup currently is once the outdoor temp gets a few degrees below the inside temp I get a pushover message that says something like:

It is going to be $$DVR:163:F tomorrow. It is $$DVR:113:F upstairs and $$DVR:165:F outside.

There are currently $$DVR:181: windows open.

turn on fan? <turn on fan JSON link>
            Can you post some screenshots?

I updated the script, a lot... I consider the recent one feature complete for Version 1

Comment

Interested to see how you do your events.

I've been opening the windows before I go to bed - even if the outside temp is not lower than inside (but only if it is close) since the temps here drop quickly.

Then I have the fan turn on 30mins after I turn the house to Sleep Mode... this ensures I don't hear the fan, and it doesnt keep me awake.

Then I have the fan turn off at Sunrise... thinking the sun coming up will heat up the air. Then I wake up and close all the windows. ... I may modify this to turn off after the outside temps starts to increase - not sure.

Comment

Working...
              X