Doorbell FON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorbell FON

Thanks for building a great generic modem phone plugin, I own the HS2 version and I decided this weekend to upgrade to HS3 since I moved to a new house and have been testing the UltraCID3 plugin with a USRobotics USB Modem. I also have a 'Doorbell FON' system installed at the front door with one of these control boxes:

http://www.homephone.com/PDF%20cutsh...20cutsheet.pdf

With this system, when someone presses the doorbell button, the house phone rings and because the doorbell button has an integrated speaker/mic, I can speak (and hear) the person at the door through my land line.

What I would like to do with UltraCID3 is to trigger an email when the doorbell button is pressed. Just to note, I am fluent with VB scripting and have migrated all of my HS2 scripts HS3. I've tried several combinations of triggering based on Ring Number, the trigger works fine each time the Doorbell FON system rings, but the name and CID always contain the previous caller information and not the non-CID doorbell 'Ring'. Is there anyway I can test on the current ring not having a valid CID? Or other code suggestion? thx, Glenn

Hello Glenn, are you saying the modem detects the ring, but the CID remains the last caller and never updates to reflect no valid CID?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes, writing to the hs log on each ring gives the last name, CID, Attr, but funny thing, the number of rings is blank although HSTouch debug shows Ref:129 correctly:

Name: Bonner Glenn D
      Number: (702) 30x-1x69
      Attr: Announce
      Ring:
      Nov-18 3:08:20 PM HSTouch Server Debug 03:08:20:1487 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 4OldVal: 3
      Ring:
      Nov-18 3:08:14 PM HSTouch Server Debug 03:08:14:1017 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 3OldVal: 2
      Ring:
      Nov-18 3:08:08 PM HSTouch Server Debug 03:08:08:0547 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 2OldVal: 1

Comment

Doorbell FON - UltraCID3 Plugin Workaround

Just an update although I haven't heard back from UltraJones on this issue (please note in my problem below, my UltraCID3 Ref entries 126, 127 and 129 will most likey be different from yours):

WHAT I HAVE:

I have a Doorbell FON system and a Foscam IP Camera at my front door, I also have a neighborhood entry gate that has a similar Foscam IP Camera pointing at the gate entry call box. I also have HS3 with UltraCID3 connected via a US Robotics USB Modem and HSTouch.

WHAT I WANT TO DO:

1) Take a snapshot of the front door camera when someone pushes the button on my Doorbell FON System and text it to my cell phone.
        2) Or if the call is coming from my neighborhood gate entry call box, I want the snapshot to come from that camera and have it also texted to my cell phone.
        3) Or if the call is other than those two, simply text me that my home phone is ringing and who is calling.

THE PROBLEM:

The UltraCID3 Plugin does not report 'nothing' when the call is coming from my Doorbell FON system that reports no CID in an Event Script. Instead it reports the previous caller Name and CID and those values are never set to 'nothing' (ie. call from outside line, Name and CID are set correctly, push Doorbell, no change, same previous Name and CID, no matter if doorbell is pushed multiple times).

Here is the script that I ran to determine that the UltraCID3 plugin Caller Name, CID nor Number of Rings are not updated to correct values (from an event script) when coming from the my Doorbell FON system. One thing that is interesting if you read the HS3 logs below is that HSTouch plugin debugger correctly reports the number of old and new rings, whereas the UltraCID3 plugin as reported through the same Ref(129) in a event window script does not. Also the same is true of the 'Informational Incoming call from' log entry (I'm not sure if this is an HS3 system log entry or UltraCID3 log entry):

==================================
        Sub Main(parm as object)
        hs.writelog("DoorBellFON", "Ultra Name: " & hs.devicestring(126))
        hs.writelog("DoorBellFON", "Ultra CID: " & hs.devicestring(127))
        hs.writelog("DoorBellFON", "Ultra Rings: " & hs.devicestring(129))
        End Sub

HS3 LOG: Call From Cell Phone to HS3 land line using USRobotics USB modem and UltraCID3 Plugin (read from bottom up):

Nov-27 6:37:01 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Rings:
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM DoorBellFON Ultra CID: (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Name: Bonner Glenn D
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/setdoorbell.vb
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone DoorBellFON Test"
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM HSTouch Server Debug 06:37:01:3843 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 3 OldVal: 2
        Nov-27 6:37:01 AM Informational Ring of existing call detected ...
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Rings:
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM DoorBellFON Ultra CID: (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Name: Bonner Glenn D
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/setdoorbell.vb
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone DoorBellFON Test"
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM HSTouch Server Debug 06:36:55:3415 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 2 OldVal: 1
        Nov-27 6:36:55 AM Informational Ring of existing call detected ...
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM Informational Incoming call from Bonner Glenn D (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Rings:
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM DoorBellFON Ultra CID: (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Name: Bonner Glenn D
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/setdoorbell.vb
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone DoorBellFON Test"
        Nov-27 6:36:50 AM HSTouch Server Debug 06:36:50:0915 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 1 OldVal: 5
        ====================================

HS3 LOG of next Call From Doorbell FON (read from bottom up):

====================================
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Rings:
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM DoorBellFON Ultra CID: (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Name: Bonner Glenn D
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/setdoorbell.vb
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone DoorBellFON Test"
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM HSTouch Server Debug 06:43:21:3719 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 2 OldVal: 1
        Nov-27 6:43:21 AM Informational Ring of existing call detected ...
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Rings:
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM DoorBellFON Ultra CID: (702) 3XX-1XX9
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM DoorBellFON Ultra Name: Bonner Glenn D
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/setdoorbell.vb
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone DoorBellFON Test"
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM HSTouch Server Debug 06:43:19:0594 ~ Value change ref:129 Address:UltraCID3-Ring NewVal: 1 OldVal: 4
        Nov-27 6:43:19 AM Informational New incoming call detected ...
        =======================================

PROBLEM ANALYSIS - ULTRACID3 BUG (programmers - myself included often refer to these as 'Features'):

It appears that UltraCID3 does not update the Name, CID and Ring values if they are not valid CID values (ie. they are nothing). The exception is the Ref(129) - Number of Rings where there appears to be a BUG as it is always 'nothing' even though HStouch correctly reports it. I also had the same problem with HS2 and the UltraCID HS2 plugin - one reason I decided to upgrade to HS3, LOL.

WHAT I DID TO WORK AROUND THIS ISSUE:

I seeded UltraCID3's CID - (my system's Ref(129)) with the string 'Doorbell", instead of the previous CID by using the hs.SetDeviceString(127, "Doorbell", True) function. UltraCID3 appears to not change it, unless a valid Name and CID are incoming. I also reset the Ref(129) to "Doorbell" when my script ends, regardless if from the Doorbell FON system or a value outside caller. I then test on 'Doorbell' as the CID and if it is, I assume in my script that the ring is coming from the Doorbell FON system. If not, I test on my neighborhood gate entry system phone number and snapshot the correct Foscam camera accordingly:

Script to snapshot the correct camera on first ring

Event trigger is set to UltraCID3 trigger on first ring, then execute this script:

Sub Main(parm as object)
        dim myPage as Object
        dim myCID as String
        myCID = hs.devicestring(127)
        If myCID = "Doorbell" then
        myPage = hs.GetURLImageEx("192.168.1.36","/snapshot.cgi?user=snap&pwd=XXXXX","/html/doorbell.jpg",88)
        Else If myCID = "(702) 4XX-3XX1" then
        myPage = hs.GetURLImageEx("192.168.1.25","/snapshot.cgi?user=snap&pwd=XXXXX","/html/gatebox.jpg",88)
        End IF
        End Sub

Script to assimilate and send text message with cam attachment

Event trigger is set to UltraCID3 trigger on third ring (yes I miss some two ring calls but the Doorbell FON system always send three rings), then execute this script:

Sub Main(parm as object)
        Dim myMsg as String
        Dim myCID as String
        myCID = hs.devicestring(127)
        myMsg = "$date $time"
        If myCID = "Doorbell" then
        hs.SendEmail("7023XX1XX9@vzwpix.com", "xxxxxx@gmail.com","","","Alert From Home - Doorbell RINGING!", myMsg,"/html/doorbell.jpg")
        Else If myCID = "(702) 4XX-3XX1"
        hs.SendEmail("7023XX1XX9@vzwpix.com", "xxxxxx@gmail.com","","","Alert From Home - ENTRY GATE CALL!", myMsg,"/html/gatebox.jpg")
        Else
        myMsg = "Call from " & hs.devicestring(126) & " Number: " & myCID & " On: $date $time"
        hs.SendEmail("7023XX1XX9@vtext.com", "XXXXXX@gmail.com","","","Alert From Home - Phone RINGING!", myMsg,"")
        End IF
        hs.SetDeviceString(127, "Doorbell", True)
        End Sub

That's it, now I need to take the wife shopping since I've spent too many hours looking at that damn computer!
        Last edited by gbonner; November 27, 2015, 11:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
        X