Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be totally removed now.

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    It seems that the adblock blocker is still on for all pages that are not the main page. I have cleared caches, and even disabled adblock on subpages and it still comes up unless I reload the page. If I enable adblock, then subpages will not load at all without the white screen.

Sorry to be a pain. Can you please look into this for the subpages?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Rich.

BTW just a snapshot posting here indicating main forum page load with and without ads. I did this test a couple of days ago and wasn't going to post it and today decided to post it.

[ATTACH]58987[/ATTACH]
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks! Back to normal now. Again, sorry to be a pain. I will disable adblock on the big monitors.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Thank you Rich.

BTW just a snapshot posting here indicating main forum page load with and without ads. I did this test a couple of days ago and wasn't going to post it and today decided to post it.

[ATTACH]58987[/ATTACH]
          Pete - 14 seconds to load 3 small ads? Are you still on a dial-up modem???? That can't be right.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Pete - 14 seconds to load 3 small ads? Are you still on a dial-up modem???? That can't be right.
            My very non-scientific test of me counting out loud says it takes me ~3 seconds to load the page.

So I loaded up this page with Chrome's developer console open and it is < 4 seconds ( I would guess around 3.75 seconds).

Now, it could be that the ads are still loading, but the content of the page is loaded for me (And the Developer tools showed no network activity after that)
            Attached Files

Comment

Understood Frank. The below testing stuff from DSL reports dot com had the buffer bloat checking in the off mode.

No it was testing with a new ad blocker program and it could be related to advertising the ad blocker program.

Never liked using Chrome here and always used Firefox but now switching out of Firefox to another browser which seems to run way faster than Firefox.

Note too that I primarily use Linux now for surfing. I do an on demand windows when needed. IE: Homeseer 3 is running in Ubuntu plus VMs for HS stuff that doesn't run in Linux...IE: like MS SAPI.

And trying a different ad blocker program called uBlock

[ATTACH]58991[/ATTACH]

Here are my speeds.

I have also added some stuff to the PFSense firewall. Most recently added PFBlocker.
              Last edited by Pete; January 19, 2017, 06:05 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
                Thanks Rich.
                The last thing you want to do is give people any reason to NOT read/post to these forums.
                The information here is extremely relevant and useful.
                You will certainly make much more profit by having more readers than making a few pennies from the junkies that will do anything to keep reading.
                +10
                I am sure this forum saved HS. If was for the existing manuals, it would be out of business.
                I do have my own policy. If a site blocks adblock, I block it on my router. Period.

Now of course I would gladly open an exception for HS. This site and people here keeps me motivated to continue using HS products.
                Just keep out annoying ads trying to divert me from what I came here to do.

I am ready to contribute to keep this amazing forum open. Tell me how.

Comment

If only the ads were useful? Actually, while reading the Zigbee thread I finally saw an ad that potentially is.
                  Attached Files

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
                  X