wake up and voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wake up and voices

Does anyone know if you can change the wake up name and customize the voices using the echo.

Originally posted by sjz26 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can change the wake up name and customize the voices using the echo.
    The Alexa application will allow you to change to 3 different names (Alexa, Echo, and Computer). Computer was fun for about 10 minutes until you realize you say it a lot during the day.

You cannot change the voices

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      The Alexa application will allow you to change to 3 different names (Alexa, Echo, and Computer). Computer was fun for about 10 minutes until you realize you say it a lot during the day.

You cannot change the voices
      Or until you start binge watching star trek...LOL.

Honestly, the only one that doesn't have many false triggers is Alexa. Even Echo gets triggered in my office quite a bit (even by words that are not "echo").

However, until Amazon decides that having multiple of these in a house means that they need to find a way to determine which one you're talking to, you have to use different names. If all of mine are set to the same name and I set a timer in the kitchen, all 3 of my echos will start a timer (not all will necessarily have the same time...i.e. fourteen minutes might be 4 minutes on an echo further away).

Comment

Working...
      X