This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing PLC with PLM Failed

I have had this PLM for a few months and finally had the time to change out my PLC. I uninstalled the SDM and copied the new DLL. Homeseer sees the PLM but when I try to reprogram everything I get several errors. If I try to reprogram a second time I do not get the errors but I am not seeing any Insteon traffic while it is trying to reprogram nor can I communicate with any switch.

I am attatching the Insteon error log and the homeseer log.
    Attached Files

Solved similar error by deleting controlinc

I had a similar error when converting to the PLM Friday and then saw another post that talked about deleting the controlinc. Once I deleted the controlinc from my devices everything worked great. I don't know enough about the Insteon log to know if this is the same thing you are running into.

I have to say that once the PLC to PLM swap was completed my system has been working terrific. Very reliable, very fast, etc.

Comment

I finnally had time to try this again. I removed the controllink and tried to swap/replace. There were no errors generated this time however I still can not connect with any device. I also do not see any indication that there is even traffic on the powerline when the PLM is trying to connected to the various devices. I am wondering if I have a bad PLM or is there something more sinister going on.

Comment

You are using an old beta. Please try the current version.

Jon

Originally posted by cgertz View Post
        I finnally had time to try this again. I removed the controllink and tried to swap/replace. There were no errors generated this time however I still can not connect with any device. I also do not see any indication that there is even traffic on the powerline when the PLM is trying to connected to the various devices. I am wondering if I have a bad PLM or is there something more sinister going on.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Ahh got it, thanks for your help. One of the problems was that the PLM was plugged into the same outlet as my UPS. Even though the UPS is filtered and the PLC worked in the same outlet the PLM would not work and the indicator light on it would not stay on if the UPS was plugged in. After I moved the PLM I was still not able to communicate with any device until I restarted Homeseer. Now everything is working great and I only have two devices out of 31 devices that are reading below 100% reliability.

Comment

Working...
          X