Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Pump Control

Hi all.

I'm still looking for a good solution to control my pool pump via Z-Wave.

Intermatic used to make a nice contactor module (CA3750), but unfortunately they are not available anymore I can find (does anyone have a source?).

Here would be my requirements
    -Alright for outdoor use (i.e. weather proof)
    -1.0HP handling
    -2 phase (220V)

Does anyone have suggestions? The ACT Fixture module comes close, but isn't rated for outdoor use.

This should do the switch part of the 220VAC for the pump but you would need to put it in an outside enclosure.

ELK-9200 Heavy Duty Relay/Contactor (ELK)
    It's on the HomeSeer site. Basically it looks like a 60Amp contactor with 120VAC coil.

The coil can be controlled by a Z-Wave or X10 appliance module. Not sure how you get a Z-Wave module rated for outside but have not really had that need yet. Might just mount it in an enclosure with a plastic cover so the signals can get through it.

Maybe someone else will have someother idea's.

Have fun with the project.

Comment

Here's the link to the device.
      http://store.homeseer.com/store/ELK-...-P740C101.aspx
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tulit, I have exactly the same challenge. I'm looking into three options using the ELK-9200 Relay coupled with a VRP15-1LW Appliance Module. (I already use this combination successfully with my water heater).
        As my pool pump is next to my garage, one option I'm I'm looking at is drilling a small hole through the separating wall in the garage and wiring the ELK/VRP15 inside in the dry, wired through the wall to an external weatherproof breaker that is connected to my pool pump.
        The other option I'm looking at is Buvens' suggestion above of getting a plastic weatherproof box large enough for the ELK/VRP15 and a 120VAC outlet and installing that on the outside wall next to the pump; Googling something like 'waterproof outside electrical enclosures' provides me a ton of options. (But I'm concerned about the heat build up inside the box when the typical SW FL temp is consistently over 95 degrees in summer).
        Thought of a 3rd option: as my pool pump has a dedicated circuit in my inside main breaker box, I can wire the ELK in series with the pool pump breaker next to the main breaker box, i.e. pool pump breaker wired to ELK and ELK wired to pool pump cable. This might be the best option for me as it puts the VRP15 in the most dense area of other ZWave devices.
        Last edited by Olbrit; January 10, 2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: Added 3rd option
        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by tulit View Post
          Hi all.

I'm still looking for a good solution to control my pool pump via Z-Wave.

Intermatic used to make a nice contactor module (CA3750), but unfortunately they are not available anymore I can find (does anyone have a source?).
          Yes, http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P407C101.aspx
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X