No announcement yet.

Davis Weather Station & HomerSeer Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added the Yesterday's Low portion to the script and added the device. Already had the script running at 11:59PM everyday. I have played around with it and it seems to work great.

So, now that's working, HS can make better decisions about what needs to be done at the thermostat during those pesky Spring and Fall times when the outside temperatures fluctuate in and out of the human comfort zone more.

Thank you all.

Comment

Hey guys,
      Does anyone know why no matter what wind variable I use it returns "---". This produces an error when the script runs...I created a function that checks for numeric values before assigning them to device values:

Function NumCheck(value)
      If IsNumeric(value) Then
      NumCheck = value
      Else
      NumCheck = 0
      End If
      End Function

So, Call hs.SetDeviceValue("w53", NumCheck("<!--windHigh1-->")) doesn't cause an error any longer, but Weatherlink always returns "---" for the windHigh1...

Any ideas?
      Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Comment

Hi Rick,

I have VP2 equipment. Is the "real time" window the graph window (not the strip chart) that I have open at all times? I checked to see if wind was present and there seemed to be plenty of wind all day. I tried changing weather variables as you suggested and still updates read "---". Again, valid values for wind are showing up in the graph display window when selected. Does wind need to be selected in the graph for it to pass value thru to HS? All other values seem to be coming thru just fine including the forcast.

Thanks for you help on this one...
          Mike

Comment

Mike,

I am perplexed by your problem.
            Originally posted by mmikem View Post
            Is the "real time" window the graph window (not the strip chart) that I have open at all times?
            Yes
            Originally posted by mmikem View Post
            Does wind need to be selected in the graph for it to pass value thru to HS?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Upon restarting HS many many log lines like the following showed up:

6/25/2010 2:42:42 PM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Rain Monthly has properties different from its current device type of Virtual - device type has been changed to Virtual.458
                  HS is in an infinite loop doing this and never completed the startup only producing log entries like this with increase virutal.xxx numbers.

What is a virtual.xxx device type?

I have no idea why its doing this, but HS will never start now.

Comment

One more thing...Now in my device list when I add a device, I have all these virtual devices name virtual.xxx. There are hundreds of these virtual device types in the list.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

I have never seen or heard of this kind of problem. What version of HS are you using?

This may be something to take up with Rick Tinker and hopefully Rupp will chime in.

This is very strange! I have no clue how to help other than disabling (or deleting) the events related to your weather station/weather templates and then restarting HS.

I wish I could be of more help. Are you running a beta version of HS? I am still at HS2.4.0.6 and waiting until the beta settles into a release version.

Please if you figure this out, lets me know what you find.

Comment

Hi Rick,
                        I started out with 2.4.0.6. Nothing is different if I upgrade to 2.4.0.11 or even 2.4.0.55 beta. Once I create a virtual device and restart HS, it goes into an infinite loop with incrementing virtual.xxx log entries. HS will never start and I have to reimage my controlling computer from a known good one. Once a virtual device is added I can never delete it because HS never completes startup and performace of the PC degrades after a few hundred lines.

I restored from my known good image started HS, created one virtual device and restarted HS. Below is the log of the startup. It just keeps going with the incrementing lines forever changing properties of virtual.1 to virtual.2. Then virtual.2 to virtual.3 and so on until I have to kill power.

I'm glad to know I came up with an issue no one has ever seen...YES! ;-)
                        Thanks! Mike

6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~
                        6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~ HomeSeer version 2.4.0.6 Starting Now (Standard Build)
                        6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~*********************************************** *********************************
                        6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~
                        6/26/2010 9:25:57 AM ~!~Startup~!~Using system's regional settings
                        6/26/2010 9:25:59 AM ~!~Startup~!~Creating Class Objects...
                        6/26/2010 9:26:00 AM ~!~Startup~!~Loading Settings
                        6/26/2010 9:26:00 AM ~!~Startup~!~Settings Loaded.
                        6/26/2010 9:26:02 AM ~!~Startup~!~Loading configuration file ...
                        6/26/2010 9:26:02 AM ~!~System~!~Loading device types file...
                        6/26/2010 9:26:02 AM ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read) up HomeSeer database: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\config\sample.mdb
                        6/26/2010 9:26:03 AM ~!~Database~!~Loading Devices...
                        6/26/2010 9:26:04 AM ~!~Load Config~!~23 total devices loaded.
                        6/26/2010 9:26:04 AM ~!~Load Config~!~Checking device type settings for all devices...
                        6/26/2010 9:26:05 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual - device type has been changed to Virtual.458
                        6/26/2010 9:26:08 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.458 - device type has been changed to Virtual.459
                        6/26/2010 9:26:09 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.459 - device type has been changed to Virtual.460
                        6/26/2010 9:26:11 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.460 - device type has been changed to Virtual.461
                        6/26/2010 9:26:12 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.461 - device type has been changed to Virtual.462
                        6/26/2010 9:26:14 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.462 - device type has been changed to Virtual.463
                        6/26/2010 9:26:16 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.463 - device type has been changed to Virtual.464
                        6/26/2010 9:26:17 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.464 - device type has been changed to Virtual.465
                        6/26/2010 9:26:19 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.465 - device type has been changed to Virtual.466
                        6/26/2010 9:26:20 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.466 - device type has been changed to Virtual.467
                        6/26/2010 9:26:22 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.467 - device type has been changed to Virtual.468
                        6/26/2010 9:26:24 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.468 - device type has been changed to Virtual.469
                        6/26/2010 9:26:25 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.469 - device type has been changed to Virtual.470
                        6/26/2010 9:26:27 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.470 - device type has been changed to Virtual.471
                        6/26/2010 9:26:28 AM ~!~Warning~!~(2)Device Wx-Outside Temperature has properties different from its current device type of Virtual.471 - device type has been changed to Virtual.472

Comment

You should post this in the beta forum so Rick see this. There's a KB article on why this happens but It shouldn't go into an infinate loop but rather just create 1 new virtual device.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just to clarify...I wan't using a beta when this happened. Do you what KB article it is? I did some searching before posting and didn't see anything. Probably over looked it. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Restoring a new copy (without all the virtual.xxx device type) of the devtypes.cfg file fixes this problem. Not sure how it got into that cycle but this worked.
                              ;-)

Comment

http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/kb.cgi?cat&query=HomeSeer 2 General&lang=en

See the KB article : Understanding Device Types in HomeSeer 2.x
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X