SMS Text or IOS Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to send an SMS text or IOS notification alert based on an event that happened?

Thanks,

AARPaul in Florida

Originally posted by pmp350 View Post
    Is there a way to send an SMS text or IOS notification alert based on an event that happened?

Thanks,

AARPaul in Florida
    I use MrHappy's Pushover notification plug-in linked below my signature. The plug-in is free and Pushover allows 7500 notification s a month for free. I think the app is a few $$. The notifications are virtually instant and there is an implementation of Emergency Message Acknowledgement which can allow you to build events that look for a response to a Pushover notification.

You can also send an SMS to your phone if your carrier provides an email to SMS path, but I think Pushover is a far faster and cleaner solution.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

+1 for Pushover
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Is this a plug-in I'd have to manually install? I'm having issues transferring files. I'm trying to install PHlocation but can't move the .zip file to /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/zips. For some reason it says I don't have permission. I have been able to move the TXT file.

Any help on the PHLocation would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately, this one is a manual install too. Once you figure out how to do one, the next one will be easier [emoji6]. I run HS on Windows, so unfortunately can't help with how to install on a zee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Is this a plug-in I'd have to manually install? I'm having issues transferring files. I'm trying to install PHlocation but can't move the .zip file to /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/zips. For some reason it says I don't have permission. I have been able to move the TXT file.

It is a manual install but it is just one file (you don't need to move the zip) you need to end up getting in your HS directory.

I have caved into many requests and today sent an email to HS asking whether or not they are willing to entertain it going in the updater, I may or may not get a reply and I will let you know regardless. For now install as you have PHLocation.

Comment

Most providers allow for sending sms through email as well if you want an easy solution.

For example, to text my wife HS sends an email to 10digitphonenumber@txt.att.net, and to send an mms it goes to 10digitphonenumber@mms.att.net

Every provider I know of supports this.

Comment

rmiles' method is the best.

I recently started using pushover for no other reason than to send/receive texts from my browser instead of picking up my phone. Works so well!
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                  Most providers allow for sending sms through email as well if you want an easy solution.

For example, to text my wife HS sends an email to 10digitphonenumber@txt.att.net, and to send an mms it goes to 10digitphonenumber@mms.att.net

Every provider I know of supports this.
                  +1

Verizon is xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com

Not sure about mms ??
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Can you try this app :https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

it comes with many versions like portable and IOS

Note : I think Debian requires you log in as sudo su. in order to curry out root actons.
                    And also I use webmin :http://www.webmin.com/ but I have never used it to move files but worth looking into.

There is also this plugin :http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1299 It's somehow not so out there for the mass HomeSeer users. (You may need :https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9wzdncrfj3pg to understand what the French are on about)

to much information.

Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      It is a manual install but it is just one file (you don't need to move the zip) you need to end up getting in your HS directory.
                      I'm ready to go forward with this but have one request....

Could you give me the exact place to put the file?

Example.......

/usr/local/homeseer/whatever :-)

Thanks,

AARPaul in Florida

Comment

You can also send an SMS to your phone if your carrier provides an email to SMS path, but I think Pushover is a far faster and cleaner solution.

++ on Pushover if you utilize Android / iOS cellular phones. Here switched over to Windows mobile.

Pushover always worked; tested but never used it. ++

Here historically have utilized regular email to texting with AT&T. My multiple AT&T cellular grandfathered accounts (25 years or so old) got slammed a couple of years ago.

Went to T-Mobile (major decision here) and recently had an issue with their firewall ingress stuff where I had to escalate my issues but it still took a month to fix.

I am probably now going to go to just direct SMS texting via SSH via one account. Easier these days for me.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pushover

I have Pushover up and running and it works as described.

Thanks for all the advice and help!!

AARPaul in Florida

Comment

Working...
                          X