Z-Wave Switch Cannot Be Controlled Manually, But Works in Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Switch Cannot Be Controlled Manually, But Works in Event

I have a curious issue with an older Jasco switch that controls a light on my lanai. On the web interface, its icon is now a question mark (?) and I cannot control it manually. I also cannot reach it when I test its connectivity on the Z-Wave tab for the device and I cannot rescan it. Nonetheless, it works flawlessly when an event is triggered that controls the device. The trigger to turn it on is the opening of a door to the lanai (opening of a zone on my DSC security system) and the trigger to turn it off is the closing of the door (zone restored). So, how can this be? How can I not control it manually, while it still can be controlled by an event?

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I have a curious issue with an older Jasco switch that controls a light on my lanai. On the web interface, its icon is now a question mark (?) and I cannot control it manually. I also cannot reach it when I test its connectivity on the Z-Wave tab for the device and I cannot rescan it. Nonetheless, it works flawlessly when an event is triggered that controls the device. The trigger to turn it on is the opening of a door to the lanai (opening of a zone on my DSC security system) and the trigger to turn it off is the closing of the door (zone restored). So, how can this be? How can I not control it manually, while it still can be controlled by an event?

Elliott
    No idea.... don't really know the internals of the switch. Did you try pulling out the airgap to reset to see if that works?

Comment

I like the airgap idea, it's worth checking... however the airgap should physically disrupt the line from the source.

It might be worth cutting the breaker supplying the switch; see if that resets it.

You did say it was an older one, it would not surprise me if there was a fault in the switch. If so I would replace it for safety reasons; better safe than sorry.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks, both of you, for these good suggestions.

Elliott
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
        X