www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old December 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

first of all great to see the HSTouch integration, tried using the HTML pages but was never very happy. Keep on the good work!

Installed the the latest version (2.0.0.1) using the updater, no error messages everything installed without any problems. One small comment, I worried the install took a long time but found the window asking me `do you want to activate the plugin...` to be behind the install progress window.

I am experiencing the same problem as you describe ("Note that in some cases, the first player/zone name was missing from my list of Music player choices in HSTouch").

Both squeeze boxes are visible and can be controlled from the status screen so Homeseer is aware. Any news from HS ?

Francois
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus.bergvoll View Post

1) If i select an Artist with scandinavian characters (æøå and some other) it will not drill down, it just shows all albums i have

2) I have two screens for two of my zones. Musikk and MusikkKjokken, when i select a song on the MusikkKjokken screen, it changes the track, but then it also changes the screen to Musikk. I start playing the song by selecting it in the music selector. I have double checked my property names so it should not be a problem there.
For 1), I have to try to reproduce it; could you actually enable debug and verbose debugging in the plug-in, log the results into the plug-in log file perform the action you mentioned above and email it to me?

For 2) have you displayed or checked the SB Server HTML pages to see if both zones are playing the same song or only the one you selected? Are both screens in the same HST window?
I will look into the errors and also work on chaning the logic so that players disconnected from SB Server are added to the number of Music Instances.
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvhemert View Post
Hi,

first of all great to see the HSTouch integration, tried using the HTML pages but was never very happy. Keep on the good work!

Installed the the latest version (2.0.0.1) using the updater, no error messages everything installed without any problems. One small comment, I worried the install took a long time but found the window asking me `do you want to activate the plugin...` to be behind the install progress window.

I am experiencing the same problem as you describe ("Note that in some cases, the first player/zone name was missing from my list of Music player choices in HSTouch").

Both squeeze boxes are visible and can be controlled from the status screen so Homeseer is aware. Any news from HS ?

Francois
Have you updated HST server (see top of thread)? Was the first player connected to SB Server at the time when you tried this? If this is the case, it is the same issue that Markus encountered, otherwise upgrading HST Server to the current beta might resolve it.
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yes I have updated the server using the updater from within the Homeseer Website. Before doing so I hav installed the beta software downloaded from the first post in this thread.

Francois
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Seer Deluxe

i will get back to you when my GF thinks that i have done my duty as a fammily man....
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Seer

I have installed the beta and it seems to work ok.
Excellent job!

I have two HS clients and installed a softplayer (softsqueeze) on each of them.
Both players are recognized by HStouch and the basic commands work.

It looks however that it cannot load my playlists on the clients. The playlist menu is empty.

Furthermore I dont know if it is possible, but I want to create a button which takes me directly to the album view, or artist view.
There is now only the action in HSTouch "music selector Back"...would be nice to have " music selector Albums", and "music selector Artist", etc
EDIT: I found the HSTouch action "Music: Set music selector display" does what I want.

Last edited by suddenly_ike; December 30th, 2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
For 1), I have to try to reproduce it; could you actually enable debug and verbose debugging in the plug-in, log the results into the plug-in log file perform the action you mentioned above and email it to me?

For 2) have you displayed or checked the SB Server HTML pages to see if both zones are playing the same song or only the one you selected? Are both screens in the same HST window?
I will look into the errors and also work on chaning the logic so that players disconnected from SB Server are added to the number of Music Instances.
1)Couldnt find your email ao i enclosed it.
I also got this message two times in the HS log: I guess it has something to with cover art.

30.12.2009 20:39:19 - HSTouch Server - Error in GetImage: Out of memory.

The atist Tablå - drills down to all albums in his case. I happens with all artist with scandinavian chars.

2)The zones play different music and each zone uses its own HST screen. A couple of times it did not happen today, but then it started again. It switches from the Musikkkjokken screen to the Musikk screen right when its time to update the cover art... I can see it updating the album name, track name and so on...

As you can see i do have som problems getting the cover art displaying in HS. And when it shows it the same on every player. In the Squeezeserver web interface, everything is OK.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip hspi_squeezebox_debug3.zip (25.1 KB, 13 views)
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

Working my way through creating the new Touchscreens I was wondering if it it is possible to also include as elements:

Track Number ==> to the tracknumber playing
Album artist ==> can be different to track artist
(eg. Album artist :Various Artists Track artist : Blondie)

I am also still trying to find a solution that cures the "second zone not showing problem" without having to delete the entires in in the ini file because it will most likely recreate my HS device for the player and that means I have to do rework on all my events. Any news on this one?

Francois
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:39 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvhemert View Post
Hi,

Working my way through creating the new Touchscreens I was wondering if it it is possible to also include as elements:

Track Number ==> to the tracknumber playing
Album artist ==> can be different to track artist
(eg. Album artist :Various Artists Track artist : Blondie)

I am also still trying to find a solution that cures the "second zone not showing problem" without having to delete the entires in in the ini file because it will most likely recreate my HS device for the player and that means I have to do rework on all my events. Any news on this one?

Francois
Track number: do you refer to the song index within the Now playing playlist or something else? The value of the HS2 device containing the currently playing song contains the current song index with the playlist and you can retrieve it as well using the API PlayerGetPlaylistCurrentSongIndex. See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=19 for an example how to return the results of an API call into HST.

Do you see the Album artist separate from Track artist in the SB UI under which tag this would be stored?

I am working on a resolution to include all players in the number of MusicAPI instances even if they are disconnected from SB Server when you connect HST. It will still take me a few days.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
1)Couldnt find your email ao i enclosed it.
As you can see i do have som problems getting the cover art displaying in HS. And when it shows it the same on every player. In the Squeezeserver web interface, everything is OK.
Thanks for the info. Interesting as the url for the icon is pointing to URL for the current song on the SB server and not cached/generated at all by HS2. Does it still not appear when refreshing the web page or clearing the browser's cache?
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Seer Plus

First of all, thanks for making the SqueezeBox plug-in even more useful

I am also receiving the track change error:

An unexpected error occured in the PlayChangeNotify function/subroutine: [System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\SqueezeBox\CurrentAlbum_Kjøkken_3.jpg' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.Down loadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_music_apis.get_CurrentArtworkFile(Strin g path) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_music_apis.PlayChangeNotifyCallback(pla yer_status_change changeType)]
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi pcp,
fantastic job! Thank you!

Also thanks for fixing the duplicate device problem, I had so many and was unable to find the culprit, the plugin works fine from my SB boom and softplayer.

Phil

HSpro 2.4.0.56, HSphone, HP Z600 Xeon, VMware, X10 CM12U, ACRF2, RFXCOM 433/310, W800-300, SIP Connector, IM Connector, Current Cost (Cent-a-meter), Foscam wifi, BLoccupied, Powertrigger, Squeezbox, Skype Connector, Ultra1wire2+TEMP08, DooMotion, SMS Plugin+T68 Phone, Router Traffic Monitor, SafeRestart, Ether I/O 24, MLHSPlugin, Mainlobby3, Roomba Bluetooth, Mediaplayer, NetCam, mcsXap, Elk M1G plugin, SnevlCID, HSTouch, Iphone3GS

Last edited by psampson; January 3rd, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Interesting as the url for the icon is pointing to URL for the current song on the SB server and not cached/generated at all by HS2. Does it still not appear when refreshing the web page or clearing the browser's cache?
Yes i does, and eventually all four zones have the same coverart as well in HST.

So in sum I got three problems:

1) Cover art the same in all four zones
2) Artist with non-english chars in the name dont filter albums
3) My music screens are changing when i start a song. (might be something with the coverart?)
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:27 PM
Super Seer

Regarding 1), I am running into the same problem with recent versions of SB server; used to work with older SB versions. I made code changes to retrieve the artwork differently and also include non connected players in the list of Music API instances, though running into some problems with a CLI command. It will still take me a week or so before publishing it.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Regarding 1), I am running into the same problem with recent versions of SB server; used to work with older SB versions. I made code changes to retrieve the artwork differently and also include non connected players in the list of Music API instances, though running into some problems with a CLI command. It will still take me a week or so before publishing it.
Thanks

Regarding 3) I might have found something on my part. Might be something about the diference of "opening screen by it self" or "opening on top of.."

Will check tomorow...
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Thanks

Regarding 3) I might have found something on my part. Might be something about the diference of "opening screen by it self" or "opening on top of.."

Will check tomorow...
Yes! That solved the problem for me. Use "open screen by it self" and this issue is gone. Sorry about that one..
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Seer Deluxe

Busy week, delayed reply, apologize!

Quote:
Track number: do you refer to the song index within the Now playing playlist or something else?
The tracknumber is a MP3 tag property and indicates the position of the track on the original CD. It is not related to the Now playing list. If you open the Squeezebox server web page it is shown as "Track number"

Quote:
Do you see the Album artist separate from Track artist in the SB UI under which tag this would be stored?
Yes I see two fields:
- Album artist: for example VA (for Various artists), the same for all the tracks in the collection/album
- Artist: for example Robbie Williams (the artist for one of the tracks), related to every track, can very in case of a compilation

Additionally: I am also experiencing problems with special characters, I have several albums for Michael Bublé. I tried the folllowing:

- Set the artist tags to "Michael Bublé" (with the alt-130 at the end)
- Select artist and then select "Michael Bublé"
Result: no albums are shown

- Set the artist tags to "Michael Buble" (with normal "e" at the end)
- Select artist and then select "Michael Buble"
Result: all albums are shown

Let me know if you need additional info,

Francois
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Seer Plus

Great to see the plugin got hst compatible, and i almost could convert my mediaplayer screen to squeeze box. Except for the scrubber i use to jump inside of a track. It skiped to the next track when positioned anywhere in the track. It did work with the mediplayer plugin...

Here i also expierience the same trouble with the order of player id's
gonna try to manual adjust id's the ini and go back to the older version of sqserver.

thanks and keep up the great work !!
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Super Seer

I posted an updated beta version (see first dialog) that includes the disconnected players in the list of Music API instances and uses a different approache to get song information and the artwork.
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Seer

Issue with announce script

I have the following issue with the announce script after update to new beta:

Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'PlayerGetPlaylistCurrentSongIndex' on type 'HSPI' not found. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.Get Members(String& MemberName, Boolean ReportErrors) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at scriptcode2.scriptcode2.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

looks like the name of PlayerGetPlaylistCurrentSongIndex changed?

thanks!