www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P)

SqueezeBox Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the SqueezeBox plug-in by PCP.

Old April 13th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Seer

More info on failing HSTouch before "Building Screens"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Hmm.. the change between 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7 is isolate and specific in the CTDuration Music API. Was it fine with 2.0.0.6? Does the error occur when the HSTouch client start or as well when no client is connected? I am not using the iPhone, only the Windows version and did not run into any problems. I will double check and would be good if you could send me the dump you collected but also the plug-in log (with debug enabled, potentially even verbose debug enabled). Which HSTouch version are you using?
I'm using HSTouch 1.6. I've *never* had it working with any squeezebox 2.x plugin (i.e., it's not a new issue, I just had other bigger issues to troubleshoot until now). I'll send you the logs separately. I've not tested with Windows HSTouch... I haven't pulled the iPhone.xml off the phone to be able to use it with Windows HSTouch.
Old April 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Seer Plus

I'm using 1.6 to and had the problem from the start ( 1st install ) with 1.4
so no home cooked templates loaded.

2 ipod touch and a iphone gs
all devices share the same problem, tried clean install on all system but did not solve anything.

Did try most recent released plugins hstouch server, unlimited hst connections, iphone hst plugin , mediaplayer and beta versions.

After trying for more than 2 weeks i was left out of options and got tired of the problem and did a reinstall on a clean machine. problem gone

I Did a reinstall on the oldmachine and got that running again to.
But after running for a while problem ( few weeks ) was there again.

I had W.Vuyk checking on my system and he tried to connect remote from a iphone, same problem as described... did some checks and followed his advice with out result.

Now yesterday i disabled the sq plugin and restarted hs and the problem is gone....

Today i enabled the last beta plugin again, and to my supprise the basic template is still working. Did even try a restart on hs and it is still working.
all systems connect and are up again.

If there is anything i can track/trace or try help solve this problem? just let me know.
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

okay so the beta is working great for 1 of my squeezeplay software player.... and it see both and I can control both from the homeseer website via the status page but HStouch does not see both players... it only recognized 1 as a music player and the other a just a normal HS device..

I can control them both in HStouch with a lot of convoluted work arounds... but is there a easy way to get HStouch to see both players as a music device and work with the music actions? something with the music API i am guessing
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Super Seer

gjb send me log files... one thing that I noticed between the hs-touch server and iPhone client communication is that the last reply is before it stopped working was to send the image \html\SqueezeBox\cover.png (full path for example C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html\SqueezeBox\cover.png). This is the default cover album page.

Could any of you using iPhone/iTouch try to display this image (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html\SqueezeBox\cover.png) in an hs-touch screen in an element and independently of the SqueezeBox plug-in? Ideally the image should be sent from HS2 /HSTouch server to the client as well as an image.

I would like to confirm that the image, image format or image size is not the issue that produces the side effects mentioned in prior dialogs.

Thanks
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Seer Plus

Well i am going to try tonight as this could be something, but on the other side it makes no common sense as the problem also existed here with the basic template. ( so no sqboxes attached to the template )

But as over time things always get blurry on the mind here, i will try to deploy a template with squeezebox functionality to my ipods and see whats happening.

Oh and just to balance the record... I still love your plugin !!
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Seer Plus

dont know if it was mentioned, but if you have a userid/pwd on your homeseer, addin the repo.xml to squeezecenter will fail (bad authorisation) manual install worked though.
Old April 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Seer Plus

Well it crashes again, complains about the .png

Opens fine in ps, renaming and other ( like the radio ) to cover doesnt solve anything.
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_f View Post
Well it crashes again, complains about the .png
Is this when you tried displaying the png file in iPhone/iTouch/iPad in HSTouch and via the SB plugin or other means?

Thanks
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Seer Plus

Well not even...

The hstclient on the iphone is in the booting process and then at the moment it should say building screens ( thats after getting data ) it crashes back to springboard.

Do you want me to load it as a button in hst and deploy the pictures and see if it still works ?

Picture loads up and shows fine at photoshop and beside beeing alpha tranparant i dont see any strange things.

But it raises some questions here :

- is there a specific reason to use alpha transparancy in this picture ?
- is it possible to do a test and change the cover.png to a cover.jpg ( i mean in your code ) to see or it changes something in the problem i expierence ?

I also heard about some issue that the .png keeps on stage and looks like its layered, because the see the cover.png halve thru the album artwork wich might a thing to check. ( removal of cover.png when albumart.jpg is loaded )

Last edited by Robin_f; April 18th, 2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: updated
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Super Seer

Yes I can switch to jpg images for the default ones. If you could try the png image separate from the plug-in that would great to better understand if png images are the issue with iPhone/iTouch/iPad HSTouch.
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Seer Plus

Cover.png works fine in all cases i tried.

I think you have to look in a other direction. Atleast thats my opinon....

In the standard itouch template is a music page but that doesnt call the cover.png
there isn't squeezebox support either so in my case it makes no sence.

As far i can think of it must be something in the init sesion of the iphone/pod/pad in combination of the musicapi and the sq plugin.

Last edited by Robin_f; April 18th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Seer Deluxe

FWIW, I have the same experience with both a Touch and Iphone 3G..... HS Client starts to load and then dies, back to icon screen before it can ever cache the screens. Never had it work, but I had SqeeuzePlugin installed since day 1 of my adventure in HomeseerLand.

- Jim -
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Super Seer

I posted a new beta revision with several fixes/enhancements. Since the jpg image was smaller than the png, I switched to the jpg version (it is not as nice but will save space on mobile devices). Otherwise still trying to figure out why iPhones / iTouch clients don't properly start upon connection. Did I understand correctly that in non of your cases, HSTouch screens did not include any information from SqueezeBox devices/plug-in?
Old April 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Seer Plus

No change here,

still going back to springboard ( apples home page ) after the getting data messega on hst iphone platform.

And you understood me right. Problem occures also when there is no sq player attached to the template.

But as far i understood hs tells hst anyway about attached players.
and to me it seems hst iphone client stops on this somehow. As it never shows building screens. ( wich would be the step after getting data )

As everything works fine when i disable the plugin there is no other option for me than trace it back to the things i mention.

Somehow it must be a combination of things as not everyone has this problem.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Seer Master

I keep getting the following error over and over. Any ideas?

4/26/2010 6:57:19 AM SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the CurrentArtworkFile function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' is not a valid remote file address. A valid address should include a protocol, a path and a file name.Parameter name: address at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.GetUri(String address) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_player.GetCurrentArtworkPath(String path)]
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Super Seer

This error is trapped by the plug-in when it cannot download an album cover. It is displayed in the log to capture it and will instead return a default cover album image. My guess is that one of your players is referring to this icon in its playlist, but I could be wrong. I have not seen that SBServer returns path like this one 'plugins/Sounds/html/images/icon.png' as a album cover page. Can you try clearing all playlists for all players? If you find which playlist entry creates it let me know and I can try to reproduce it.
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Seer Master

I tracked down the issue. I use the SB as an alarm. The .png file is the one hosted by mysqueezebox for the sound effect that I use in the alarm. Apparently HS is trying to get the file and can't find?
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Seer Plus

new updated version of the apple hst client 1.8 did not change anything either.

any sugestions ?
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Super Seer

I contacted Rich and Rick at HomeSeer a week ago or so; Rich is traveling and waiting for him to return to discuss specifics. Thanks for your patience.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 02:50 AM
Seer Plus

Talking

@pcp

Just be glad my mum isnt posting here as she is bitching as hell

Nah, just kidding i understand...
as mentioned before, i love you for opening up the sq to hs.

in the end we will get there.